Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
A little late, but no cycling for me yesterday....kitchen upgrades ;)
New worktops, new sink , rip a 'built in' larder out (dry lined and timber frame, that took 2 hours), move several appliances, move a multitude of pipework.

14 hours xx(;) (with breaks and clean up time included)

Still got to finish the walls where ive taken out the larder...some patching and finishing plaster work.
Still got to rip up the ceramic floor tiles and lay a wood floor
Still got to decorate kitchen and diner...and a multitude of odds and sods that will still need doing.

On top of that, bloody busy at work, so i cant see much mileage for me for a few weeks.

red_tom

I had a great weekend. :biggrin:

Friday night - Martinis, steak and the new Batman film.
Saturday - Olympic watching then out to see the Threepenny Ring Cycle on the South Bank.
Sunday - Teaching people to row in the morning in beatufiul sunshine, out for an afternoon date playing Scrabble in a park and then off to see Little Barrie rock out in the evening.

I need another weekend now though :sad: :biggrin:

domd1979

Veteran
Not long got back from my weekend - sampled V Festival at Weston Park. Am I glad I wasn't camping.... Stayed at a friends' house in Wolves at caught the bus there both days. Yesterday the whole place was a complete and utter mud bath. Never seen it that bad there!!

Spent Sunday morning removing the clutch cable from my van, cos it broke just as I pulled up outside my house. (Could have been worse, I suppose!) Went out for a slow 20 mile pootle with Ms RT yesterday afternoon, up to Symonds Yat and the butterfly zoo and maze. Am now staying in waiting for my new clutch cable to arrive before fitting it and going off to work (late ... I might even be able to wangle a whole day off).:biggrin:

Once I realsed what day it was...Saturday I cycled from Lybster to John O Groats via Dunnet Head. Then got a lift back to inverness, and spent sat evening having a few beers in a nice hotel. Sunday woke up in aforementioned nice hotel, sat in the spa for a good hour, rode to inverness airport, flew to Brum, took a taxi home. Ate chinese food and had a glass or two of wine...

Next weekend should be quieter...

Top Bottom