Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
Early start to get the train to Crewe, Shrewsbury, then Heart of Wales line, walk 12 miles to middle of nowhere Youth Hostel. Then reverse of that on Sunday. Engineering works between Newtown and Aberystwyth put pay to the original plan of a circular move involving train to Aber, bus to Tregaron, walk to hostel, Sunday walk to Heart of Wales line. Unfortunately thanks to rail replacement buses being tediously slow, misses the bus connection to the two-hourly Tregaron service. Still, weather's looking nice, so should be good.

Noodley

It's my Groundhog weekend:

Tonight spin class
Tomorrow stuff with kids
Sunday club ride

I am babysitting for my niece all weekend as well, which is stopping me from joining some mates who are riding a 600km audax - oh, how sorry I am!! :biggrin: Not.

Just got my hands on a rather nice (well, it's colourful anyway) new cycling jersey: warning, wear a pair of these :becool: before viewing ;)

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?referrer=TwentyQuid&ID=2024

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
On Saturday I'll be fettling the fleet and get the trailgator set up for taking Miss tdr1nka to school.
Hopefully we'll then ride to Greenwhich Park for an ice cream.;)

On Sunday we'll be taking my Mum to lunch, she turns 79 on Monday.:becool:

Usual commute in on Saturday. Then Sunday ride up the Black Mountain to watch the Welsh Hill Climbing Championship which is starting in Brynamman. The route was in C+ a couple of months ago.

Bodhbh said:
Riding over to Brecon, hopefully get there sometime Sat afternoon ,setting up camp, then can spend Sunday crashign about the hills or hiking depending how legs feel, and catch last train home to Paddington and some beers to celebrate. Have a hunch not gonna be many weekends like this again this year - best stretch em out as much as poss!

So if you're in the area Bodhbh might be worthwhile having a look.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Early doors, run. Get to Woodison to see Liverpool give the Tesco renters a good slapped arse and home for another run as I've got a duathlon next Sunday and need more miles in the legs. Tomorrow, a medium, fast-paced ride as it'll be the last big(ish) 'un until next Sunday.

Noodley

Cheeky buggers ;):o)

Noodley

Crackle said:
253.gif Will you be wearing your long red cycling shoes with that?

I wore it to spin class tonight with my blue bibshorts - I reckon I'd have scared you if you'd seen me. :rolleyes:

As an aside. Clowns. Now there is something to be scared about...if you're a great big jessie! ;)

Maz

Guru
Last few days of Ramadhan. At weekends, normally get invited to open our fasts with friends (or we'll do the inviting). Mid-week I'll be back commuting on the bike after a month of driving to work. Halleluejah!

Noodley

Maz said:
Last few days of Ramadhan. At weekends, normally get invited to open our fasts with friends....

Not having too much experience at all with anything, what's that? I know of Ramadhan but not what is involved nor what you mean by "open our fasts".

Any chance of a quick summary. No need for anything too deep...;)

Apologies, I live in a shed in the middle of a field. I do not get out much.

Maz

Guru
Noodley said:
Any chance of a quick summary. No need for anything too deep...;)
Ramadhan is the muslim month of fasting (no eating or drinking) during the hours of daylight. The fast is opened/broken at sunset (ever wondered where the word 'breakfast' comes from? Now you know). It's not about punishing yourself, more to do with self-control, patience and having an appreciation of things we might take for granted such as food and water, and considering those less fortunate than ourselves.

Although there's no prohibition on cycling whilst fasting, commuting by bike would not be a good idea, as it would be thirsty work.

Top Bottom