Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
After a particularly slow and flattish 80 mile ride this Tuesday I'm not feeling confident that I can finish the Mini Northwest audax on Saturday fast enough to allow me to get cleaned up and changed to attend the York CTC annual dinner so I'm giving the ride a miss and will be happy enough to attend the dinner and collect three years worth of medals.

I'll be taking my newly resurrected CB500 for a short spin to Skipton and back to sink my teeth into a pie or two made by the butcher up by the castle.

Sunday I will be pootling along a canal tow path with a pal before heading to the Trades Club at Hebden Bridge to see the Ukrainians - a spin off group from The Wedding Present who play high energy Russian punk music.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Locks chopped in morning and maybe give the LBS a right doing about the 4 Ps I have had this week - don't know yet, which will decide if I ride or not. Housework :rolleyes:

Sunday - pure chillout with jamas on, loads of papers, dvds or catchup TV, red wine and a cheese board. Hmmmmmm wonder if that's why I don't do the Gore XL. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Kirstie said:
After one of the most profoundly shoot weeks of my entire career this week, I am going to get royally pissed tonight.
Tomorrow I'm going to ride my bike all day, and I imagine I'll do the same on Sunday.

Ah Eduction Sector - Having been there - got out and worked in a construction company, and 'gone back' (now)......I just ignore the politics now - let it go on....it's sooooo easy to upset someone.....chill......have a few pops and get the miles in !

Will1985

Über Member
Hopefully my first proper ride back on the road if the weather is kind on Sunday. My hand is now strong enough to change gear or break without pain so I thought I would give it a shot.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Dave5N said:
Beards AND flat caps? :biggrin:

Yup! :angry::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mr Pig

fossyant said:
Mazda 6's are nice - posh Mondeo, and miles better !

I've never driven one, or even been in one. Looks very similar to the Primera in a lot of ways so quite keen to have a closer look. Anything I don't need to lie under every weekend would be an improvement! ;0)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Going on the Bromley Cyclists' ride from Pluckley, Kent, with Ianrauk and then riding back from that another 30 miles to my mother-in-law's. Sunday is my usual singing in church choir in the morning, faffing around in the afternoon, probably doing some work as well.

Well I've been deserted by all my riding buddies this weekend!:smile: Two have to work, and bikes are in bits being the other excuses! :rolleyes:

Just me and the camera this Sunday then. Well at least I wont have to wait for the stragglers! ;)

Well i was going out for a ride this weekend and some of next week as well because I was on annual leave but I have a painful shoulder and my Doc has suggested that I stay off the bike until at least the painkillers start to work:sad:. Also he has signed me off for a fortnight so on Monday I am off to an LBS to look at a new bike;).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm meeting colly and Calum in a local car park in an hour's time, and then we are going to ride over to Rochdale and will cheer on the riders outward-bound on the 200 km North-West-Passage audax (we will pass them somewhere between Rochdale and Todmorden going in the opposite direction). When we get to event HQ we are aiming to meet up with you (longers), trio25, and _Ben_ and will then set off on the 120 km Mini-North-West-Passage together. Calum, colly and I will have pie & peas at the event HQ (pub) afterwards if we have time, and will then try to get back to Hebden Bridge before it gets dark. I managed it with 30 minutes to spare last year, but I skipped the pie & peas.

Top Bottom