Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just got back from a 60 miler out along the Sussex coast to Beachy Head and back inland route with brekker at Bills in Lewes. Very cold but clear views over the sea with the sun out and cloudless skies. Superb.
Cup of tea now and carry on decorating the lounge.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Kirstie said:
Spending time with the other half before he goes off to work tomorrow, and I go off to Canada, for something very very important involving vast amounts of money ... I just looked at the weather forecast over there and it's MINUS THIRTEEN :sad:

was -26c whan I was last in Canada, -30C when I went to transylvania. Actually when you wear the right clothing its not as bad as -5c here because its not at all damp!

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Well. it's early Monday morning here, yesterday. I went out with one of the local clubs - been out with them 3 times in the past year, always come back a bit disappointed and vow 'never again'!
I try to ride everyday, leaving a first light and ride between 30 & 50 kms before the heat and traffic get too much! On Sundays, the traffic is lighter so I extend the ride a bit.
Yesterday's run started at 8:30, good turnout, one stop before lunch at 12o'clock - total riding time 1h 33 and 22.5kms. Now I am not the world's fastest rider and I felt exhausted! Now how can I cycle slower than normal to 'keep up' with them?

SamNichols

I went to the Lake District. We went to a lock-in in Kendal, climbed Harrison Stickle (in the rain, scrambling up a flooded path, with a massive wind at the top and got back about 5 minutes before dark), went to Old Dungeon Ghyll Saturday evening for a few drinks, and then did a pleasant 8 miler around Lake Windermere today. A lovely couple of days walking with my pa and I feel quite refreshed. Also managed my first proper night's sleep in the last 3 months on Saturday night, my legs ache but I feel great!

the fear struck this weekend... it's totally irrational, but it has a vice-like grip. i looked at job ads, but couldn't do anything else. then the not doing anything fires up the guilt and heightens the fear... and thus the spiral begins.

i haven't left the house all weekend either.

Top Bottom