Plans for the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
longers said:
I will be mostly trying to get my head round the very real possibility of being made redundant next week ;).

:biggrin: That's never a pleasant process Longers. Unfortunately too common these days. Fingers crossed that it turns out well.

Didn't you get a promotion recently or am I mixing you up with another poster :biggrin:

stevenb

Was on the turbo last night, rest tonight. Out tomorrow....x miles....sunday...x miles....rest monday...turbo tuesday..rest wednesday..turbo thursday...then repeat until further notice. (weather permitting) ;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
longers said:
I will be mostly trying to get my head round the very real possibility of being made redundant next week ;).

shite news mate. what is it you do, just in case it's something i know owt about (or someone i know in the real world does)?

anyway, back to the op, i'm doing the club run to the roaches (staffs) tomorrow. probably going to hurt.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Crackle - No, not promoted but given a payrise and good mojo. A merger/takeover later I am now looking down the barrel.

I'm worried that my best chance for survival may be to do others down to further my chances. I don't think I can do that.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
shite news mate. what is it you do, just in case it's something i know owt about (or someone i know in the real world does)?

Cheers Alecs etc, It's prototyping. Not sure I fancy doing it for anyone else.
I will be looking for woodworking jobs if it comes to it. Used to love that.
Love the wood ;).

longers said:
Crackle - No, not promoted but given a payrise and good mojo. A merger/takeover later I am now looking down the barrel.

I'm worried that my best chance for survival may be to do others down to further my chances. I don't think I can do that.

Ahh, now I remember.

Don't go negative, keep it positive, make sure you don't sell yourself short, I've seen that happen. Overheard a colleague explaining what he did to someone who was evaluating his position. He did a crap job of it, his position went and his role was missed. Make a list, update your CV, rehearse what you are going to say, then you've done everything within your power. Make sure you sell yourself to the decision makers too, who are not always the ones doing the interviews/appraising, this is no time to be shy.

simonali

Guru
wafflycat said:
Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

8.gif

3.gif

Ooh, a big sloppy burfday kiss! Ta very muchly!

I hit 40 in 2 hours!! ;)

Noodley

Happy Birthday to those who creep another year closer to enjoying Alan Titmarch. ;)

Tommorow at 9am I shall have my hand stuck down a cesspit :biggrin: (I shoot you not! :biggrin:)

And on Sunday I am attempting my first 200km ride of the year. I may be some time...:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
OOH! I want to go & see Rambo to have a good old point & laugh at the utter OTTness of it all!

It filled an hour and a half!! Some pretty nasty stuff but then it became a gorefest so I stopped hiding behind my hand!!!

Happy birthday in 50 mins!!

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Cathryn said:
Good luck Longers as well.

Me, I'm off to see Rambo tonight. Not really my thing but the husband is VERY excited about it, and given how good he's been to me in the past few weeks, I can't say no really!!! Enough Haagen Daaz and I'll get through it.

Oops Mark Kermode didn't give it a glowing review on the wireless on Friday - apparently the body count is 236 or thereabouts..... hope you managed to enjoy it anyway! :biggrin:

Top Bottom