plantar fasciitis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trekvet

Seems there are lots of us out there, some having it longer than others, which is probably dependant on how soon we act on it.

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
Since i've started the heel drops, and rolling my foot over a water filled, iced plastic bottle, mine has got so much better. Not gone, but better.

Trekvet

Iced? Isn't ice to reduced blood flow as so inflammation, but warmth necessary to free off the muscles? I used room-temp 1/2 full deodorant, full was a waste, whereas empty caused the can to flex and break up. Red Bull is about the right size, but it breaks and you get a wet carpet (been there, done...). Also used was a golf ball. Don't forget the thigh and hamstring stretches. Stretch (any/all) just before getting into bed as that will leave the tissue most relaxed without any subsequent weight on it.

OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
Iced? Isn't ice to reduced blood flow as so inflammation, but warmth necessary to free off the muscles? I used room-temp 1/2 full deodorant, full was a waste, whereas empty caused the can to flex and break up. Red Bull is about the right size, but it breaks and you get a wet carpet (been there, done...). Also used was a golf ball. Don't forget the thigh and hamstring stretches. Stretch (any/all) just before getting into bed as that will leave the tissue most relaxed without any subsequent weight on it.

Yes, Iced.....Works wonders.

Top Bottom