1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plastic Mudguard Eyelet/Clips For Carrera Bikes - Where Can I Buy Them??

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Twizzle, 4 May 2008.

1. Twizzle

Twizzle New Member

Hello there,

I have a brand new Carrera Subway 8 that fell over the other day, breaking one of the little black plastic clips that holds the mudguard onto the front forks. Halfords are unable to order them individually, and don't have any as spares. I've asked at independent cycle shops, and they reckon they're not exclusive to Carrera, but get asked for them quite often.

Does anyone know anywhere online where I can order them? They look like this: http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/55/54565/mu6106_6.jpg

My mudguard is brand new, and otherwise undamaged - finding one of these clips will save me having to spend more money buying another mudguard (that won't match the colours of my new bike).

Anyone able to help?

Cheers,

Andy

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

go to a peoper LBS and pout a bit, my lot changed all the ancient fittings on my old bike's mudguards without a word when there were only do a few minor fixes

ten years of bent paper clips, bits of garden wire and tape replaced by gleaming practical well designed clips

they'll have a box of a thousand out the back

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Are they the Dirt Monkey guards? If they are, is that a picture of yours or someone else's? I have a spare set of dirt monkeys in the shed (I replaced them on the wife's Subway because they were rubbish), but the clips don't look like that.

These clips are designed to break if something gets in between the guard and front wheel -apparently someone died once when this happened- and so they're sacrificial. Because of this you should be able to get them from elsewhere. When I got my son's Islabike Isla gave me a couple of spares (which don't look like yours) so they're about somewhere.

So, I'd go to your LBS with your broken one and ask them. Most guards have this kind of clip on them, so you might be able to find another brand one that fits.

If they are the Dirt Monkey guards though then you can have the bits from mine if you want.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

i've just had a look in the shed. My spare guards are different -the breakaway bit is at the mudguard end of the stay.

5. Twizzle Pm me your address and Ill send you one

6. Twizzle

Twizzle New Member

Thanks for your tips everyone. I've sent a private message to Spandex, thanks.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does LBS stand for? ;)

Cheers,

Andy

7. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Latex and Bondage Supplier.

Ooops wrong forum, it's Local Bike Shop ;)