Play silly games...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Obviously they can as that's what happened but enforce what exactly? I'm honestly not being obtuse but shouldn't law enforcement be above dealing with twats like this as drinking carrot juice is not an offence.
He refused to hand the can, and contents, over to the police. Meaning they had only the fact that he was drinking from a Fosters can to go on when issuing the fixed penalty.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If the offence is having an open alcohol container then it's a fair cop. And in terms of ASB, I would say that giving the appearance of drinking alcohol, whether or not you are actually drinking it, is antisocial as it encourages others to do likewise and goes against the spirit of the byelaw or whatever anyway.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Totally understand that but it's carrot juice in alternative packaging. Clever police would have just moved the nodder on.
Firstly, we only have his word on that.

Second, the police don have drinks testing kits.

Thirdly, under the terms of the no no drinking zone the offence is complete when the offender fails to hand over the open alcohol vessel - that it may contain water, arsenic or gravy is neither here nor there, so long as the officer reasonably believes it to contain grog. Theres a problem with street drinking in the area, hence the enforceable no drinking zone, and if the hobbies had just walked on by doubtless someone else would have complained about them not taking positive action - that's the whole point of the zone in the first place, not to walk on by and lett the pish heads carry on as before.

And finally, hes admitted that he was being "a bit difficult". That was his decision, not the officers.

He pulled the tigers tail, it's entirely his problem if he got to meet its teeth in court, and no one elses, although hes bleating about how unfair it is, blah blah moan. He was one of those that campaigned for the zone so he of all people has no moral grounds to complain when he gets caught himself. It's like residents that complain about speeding in their village - more often than not one of those we caught would be the head of the residents campaign against speeding...

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
He refused to hand the can, and contents, over to the police. Meaning they had only the fact that he was drinking from a Fosters can to go on when issuing the fixed penalty.
Yeah, I get it and I could imagine them being well annoyed when they poured it out. I assume as they know him he's already a pain for them as I'm sure most cops I know would send a total tadger like that away with little doubt what would happen if he tried it again. To be fair, it is good to see the courts supporting the cops for a change even if it's more likely the council they are supporting. I would much prefer the tendency to drop a police assault charge in exchange for a guilty plea for whatever they were being arrested for in the first place stopped and maybe make a difference that way.

Slick

Guru
Firstly, we only have his word on that.

Second, the police don have drinks testing kits.

Thirdly, under the terms of the no debunking zone the offence is complete when the offender fails to hand over the open alcohol vessel - that it may contain water, arsenic or gravy is neither here nor there. Theres a problem with street drinking in the area, hence the enforceable no drinking zone, and if the hobbies had just walked on by doubtless someone else would have complained about them not taking positive action - that's the whole point of the zone in the first place, a zone for which this chap had himself been very vocal about being introduced.

And finally, hes admitted that he was being "a bit difficult". That was his decision, not the officers.

He pulled the tigers tail, it's entirely his problem if he got to meet its teeth in court, and no one elses, although hes bleating about how unfair it is, blah blah moan.
Yeah, fair enough.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yeah, I get it and I could imagine them being well annoyed when they poured it out. I assume as they know him he's already a pain for them as I'm sure most cops I know would send a total tadger like that away with little doubt what would happen if he tried it again. To be fair, it is good to see the courts supporting the cops for a change even if it's more likely the council they are supporting. I would much prefer the tendency to drop a police assault charge in exchange for a guilty plea for whatever they were being arrested for in the first place stopped and maybe make a difference that way.
He accepted the fixed penalty, for drinking in a no drinking area, then tipped the can to prove the contents.

The extra has come about from him not wanting to pay the fine. A chance you take, if you decide to do so.

classic33

Leg End Member
Will he try testing again, I wonder?

Alex H

Legendary Member
Sorry Bazzer. It's worky fine when I click on it.

The link works but, is that some sort of automated blog?

Alex Snowball filled a Foster’s can with carrot juice and began sipping from it near to his second-hand electronics store in the commercial area of Frogmoor, High Wycombe, Bucks.

Alex Snowball (pictured) filled a Foster’s can with carrot juice and began sipping from it near to his second-hand electronics store

Alex Snowball filled a Foster’s can with carrot juice and began sipping from it near to his second-hand electronics store in the commercial area of Frogmoor (pictured), High Wycombe, Bucks

But Buckinghamshire County Council, the authority responsible for creating the alcohol-free zone, refused to lie down – taking the matter to the High Court.

But Buckinghamshire County Council, the authority responsible for creating the alcohol-free zone, refused to lie down – taking the matter to the High Court.

From the About Us section:

Always getting better
Hustle isn’t just a saying here. We work hard, fast, and at a level of excellence our competition only dreams of.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

EDIT - where'd that picture come from - it's not in the blog:wacko:

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Drinking carrot juice is an offence to me as it tastes horrible ! The Amber nectar on the other hand is a right little bonzer and had he actually been drinking fosters the police would have probably told him to "crack on mate and have a bonzer day mate ."

Obviously they can as that's what happened but enforce what exactly? I'm honestly not being obtuse but shouldn't law enforcement be above dealing with twats like this as drinking carrot juice is not an offence.
How do you know he was drinking carrot juice? He refused to hand over the can?

IF he was testing whether they would enforce it and found out they would then he would have been happy to hand over the can? IF it was full of carrot juice.

Maybe it was carrot juice cocktail.....that alone deserves a £8000+ fine

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
How do you know he was drinking carrot juice? He refused to hand over the can?

IF he was testing whether they would enforce it and found out they would then he would have been happy to hand over the can? IF it was full of carrot juice.

Maybe it was carrot juice cocktail.....that alone deserves a £8000+ fine
Read the link again, the contents of the can are not in dispute. :okay:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My anti-malware warned/blocked the link due to dodginess within the site, but I can guess the story.
There are, occasionally, nobbers that think it's amusing to say the strange shape in their luggage as they are boarding an aeroplane is a bomb then complain when they're whisked off for interrogation and get a big bill for delaying the departure of said plane.

+ He should be arrested for even thinking of drinking carrot juice!

Top Bottom