Please be seated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
If that is your black Hallett... Are the wheels 650s and what size are those tyres?

I have (700) 25C on the bike that I have left at my sister's house in Devon but am thinking of putting much bigger tyres on, though probably not THAT big! Maybe 33C. Some of the lanes I was riding on were rough so I wanted more comfort from the tyres but I didn't dare lower the pressures much for fear of snakebite punctures.
650B and 38mm. They're tubeless and I run them at 50psi. They roll pretty much as fast as your average road bike.
The Blue Hallett is also tubeless, 25mm. I run those at 70/80psi. Initially they were at 60/70, but having damaged a sidewall in a jagged pothole I upped the pressure. They're still markedly more comfortable than tubes in similar tyres run at 80/90psi.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
650B and 38mm. They're tubeless and I run them at 50psi. They roll pretty much as fast as your average road bike.
The Blue Hallett is also tubeless, 25mm. I run those at 70/80psi. Initially they were at 60/70, but having damaged a sidewall in a jagged pothole I upped the pressure. They're still markedly more comfortable than tubes in similar tyres run at 80/90psi.
I know a couple of people who ride tubeless and swear by them. Maybe if I bought a new bike I'd give them a go but for my old bikes I'll stick with tubes.

I just checked - the Mavic Aksiums on my Devon bike are rated up to 32mm tyres so that's probably what I will buy to fit when I come down in the spring.

figbat

Slippery scientist
This is from last year. I sat here and ate my packed lunch during my first, and so far only, 100 mile ride.
1A105667-7449-4B3F-A628-B5DD53204B71.jpeg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

A covered seat, on a nearby rec field designed especially for the local kids to practice spray painting 🎨

Top Bottom