please help answer a quick 2 min Survey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

devolution

Hello Everyone.

I am looking into starting a fashion label specifically for the Cycling industry, I am looking at creating high performance garments that are stylish and can be worn to go to work or for going out purposes.

Please help me by answer a couple of questions using the survey provided below.

Your help would be much appreciated.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JTKG9TY

Thank you in advance

Kind regards,
Devo

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Done.
But an annoying survey as no multiple choice.

OP
OP
D

devolution

Thank you for taking the time, Apologies for non of the multiple choice questions, am quite a new user with survey monkey. Also there is a limited amount of questions I can set before paying for a monthly subscription.

Steve50 could you help me by telling me how important is price/ value for money to you? what do you spend on average? and how often do you shop for cycling goods?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Steve50 could you help me by telling me how important is price/ value for money to you? what do you spend on average? and how often do you shop for cycling goods?

i would say the majority of cyclists like myself are going to be on a budget due to normal costs of running a home etc so the cycle gear has to good value for money at a reasonable price.
I personally want good quality, comfort and a product that is going to last at least a couple of seasons, we can now buy good quality products online (ebay & Amazon) for very reasonable cost so that could also be taken into consideration.
If you can produce and sell a good quality jersey or shorts that will stand the test of time and comfort at a reasonable price you will do well,
I recently purchased a pair of DHB active cycle shorts for £12.50 inclusive of postage, that is roughly what I am happy to pay for shorts, I would expect to pay in the region of £20 -30 for a good quality jersey.
There will always be those who swear by and pay premium for top quality gear but that is their choice.

I don't normally flame spelling, but how can you be in the fashion industry and not know who to spell apparel?

OK, that's a bit harsh - and I am starting to think maybe English isn't your first language, but it suggests to me you haven't had much experience in the clothing industry. If so, probably you should get an internship, and get some industry knowledge before you launch your clothing line.

As to your survey: I've bought some cycling clothing designed to wear on and off the bike. I found that it was never very functional on the bike, and didn't look that good off it. Now I buy lycra for rides where the purpose of the outing is the ride itself, and if I want to dress for the destination, I pick non-cycling clothes that can be made to work on a bicycle. That's almost anything but a pencil or very full skirt with the road bike, and pretty well anything with my folder.

Nah. If it's a short trip I'll wear normal clothes. If it's longer I'll wear cycling gear but it'll smell so I get changed.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Done.

There could be an option for buying stuff...More than once a month. Some people will buy something new each week.

Oh and once I have satisfied myself of the sizing...by trying it on in store, I am always happy to buy from a particular brand online, so the "online/Instore" answer is open to interpretation.

Also perhaps take a look a t budget manufacturers like Altura, Endura and DHB...then look at higher ends like the performance Castelli and the stylish Rapha.

Rapha are on the style end of the spectrum and have recorded record profits this year, even pulled out of the tour sponsorship as they are doing so well. I am happy to pay Rapha prices for gear that is really comfy and well made, plus they produce clothing that, while not perfect for other activities, allows you to sit with comfort in a coffee shop, or to walk a train platform, without feeling out of place.

Costs vary hugely but a lot of folk are happy to pay a good deal for really stylish, comfortable gear. I wish there was a slightly lower cost Rapha substitute on the Market for more mundane, less improtant gear.

Also there is a limited amount of questions I can set before paying for a monthly subscription.

Not normally negative of peoples ideas.

However, if you can't afford a small subscription to a survey site, how are you going to afford to start a fashion label?

Or, if you just don't want to. Why sacrifice market research just to avoid a small fee? Am I correct that it's actually a university project?

Top Bottom