Please help! Does anybody know about video capture cards/gizmos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm going round in circles. We have a nest box in the garden with a small CMOS spy cam so we can see what the birds are up to. It sends out analogue signals in either Composite Video (RCA plug) or S Video (DIN plug) format together with an audio signal (RCA). A while back, I bought a VideoMate C100 card that fitted into a full size PCI slot on an ancient PC. It worked well. The picture and sound quality wasn't great but perfectly adequate for our needs. I could store away stills and clips on a hard drive. Unfortunately, the ancient PC died, and now I have two machines that I could use to try and capture the blue tits, but neither has a PCI slot for that card, and I need another bit of hardware to replace it. The computers I could use are....

1) a 1.6GHz, 2GB RAM mini desktop with a PCI-e slot and some USB 2.0 ports running on either XP or Windows 7.

2) a 3GHz, 8GB RAM laptop with no slots but HDMI, USB 2.0 and USB 3.1 running on Windows 10

I have about 4TB of storage available in external hard drives, so that isn't a limitation for either PC.

Could any parishioners make suggestions of how to patch the cameras AV outputs into either of these computers? All I want to do is start directing my worldwide award-winning documentary, The Blue Tit Planet, with a total budget of a whopping £35 tops.

Thanks.

Surely mini desktop has a pci slot on motherboard?

Top Bottom