Please help me in my research to improve roadways and safety for cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CindyD

Hi my name is Cindy. I am a senior at the University of Oregon and writing a thesis on cyclist experiences and safety. I am hoping some of you may help me with my survey. It is completely anonymous and the answers received will not only be for my thesis but the information will also benefit colleagues, local bike associations, as well as many city officials. I am hoping my thesis and findings will result in solutions to improve our roadways creating a more fun and enjoyable biking experience for everyone.

The survey is very short. 18 questions and should only take about 10 minutes of your time. If you are able to share this with your biking friends and family, that would also be extremely appreciated. Thank you!

Link to survey: https://bikee.typeform.com/to/fkj4WH

Reactions: _aD

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Done.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Yeah - I sent her a PM to say we are mostly UK.

I agree, it makes a change to have a survey where you can actually say what you think, rather than being restricted to a multiple choice selection that doesn't actually cover all the options!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yes I did wonder where they are from, but it was an interesting set of questions, I may have got a little carried away on what goes in my pannier, but the list was only the stuff I was going to admit to. I often borrow my Allen keys off my friend as it is easier to find them in her bag than in mine. And I suddenly remembered I didn't mention my camera which would have been in two categories including my favourite item - silly me!

Ganymede

Veteran
Done. Good luck with your study.

BTW I would put cars and trucks in separate categories when asking which vehicles we most fear. I don't fear cars but I do fear trucks and also buses which you don't mention. But I have had to tick "cars/trucks". This is quite an issue as in the UK there is a lot of campaigning focussed on trucks, far more than on cars, and most urban cyclist deaths occur when they are hit by trucks.

I also found the "time of day" question impossible to answer accurately - I cycle at all times except early morning, including very late at night, so that question has been answered very badly by me!
Yes I did wonder where they are from, but it was an interesting set of questions, I may have got a little carried away on what goes in my pannier, but the list was only the stuff I was going to admit to. I often borrow my Allen keys off my friend as it is easier to find them in her bag than in mine. And I suddenly remembered I didn't mention my camera which would have been in two categories including my favourite item - silly me!
Me too - "wet wipes, book, umbrella, ukulele...." ^_^

Ganymede

Veteran
Also just realised I forgot to mention that I have a repair kit... it's not in my pannier though, its in its own little saddle bag. Oh well!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Done. Perhaps you could do some proper testing / research on HELMETS.
This clever person thinks they are useless http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-little-help-crash-patients-hes-treated.html

Top Bottom