Please help me What Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pleasehelp

I'm Cheryl.. Im not going to prrof this post,, Im a Mom to a 29 year old man who loves "BMX bikes" He is a "higher" not "Autistic" More under the "PDD" and wannabe "savant" {He likes Bikes and cars}... Tinkers... and quite good...

He is adjusting very well to being a single father, living on his own with daughter who is 3 years old now .. He doesn't understand money so much, and certainly doesn't have it. He collects SSI at 775 a month.. The rest we, me and you make up in taxes, programs that really suck.. and I try to provide the rest.. I bought him a BURLEY KIDS' CUB TRAILER to safely transport his daughter some time back , do shopping and be self=relaint short distance around his neighborhood and me.

Its not working any longer and he realizes so do I he has to use that trailer the BMX bike he has all over In Las Vegas on bus rack for Dr appointments or his/daughters needs, who has needs herself. I'm at a loss.. I have to admit I cant be everywhere or everything...It will be many years before he buys a car "legally" and all that responsibility that entails...He doesn't have a driver license, a long time away....Tubes, tires I buy quality not lasting.. ????
His daughter is with him 100% and I need help, A grown up bike to buy for him to do what's he capable of .Any advice, help, ideas I'd love to hear them!!!!! I know Im going to have buy him a new car... I need a good "2 wheel one pedal one" .. :smile: Night and Blessingsz!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
So you need a bike to haul the trailer. Any hybrid with disc brakes would be good. Budget?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pleasehelp

Pleasehelp

Hi Cycleops, Thank you for the response! Yes Budget is a factor and theft is prevalent here as is the heat and flats....Also I have other kids that love to ride and ride all over... as for flats any tips in the tube and tire area !!! Thank you very much.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We are mostly Brits on here but we do have a few American cousins so we are not too conversant with the US market place but all of the major brands are also available here.
I would say that for around $5/600 you could buy a good hybrid from the likes of Specialized, Marin,.Cannondale, Giant or Scott. As I said something with disc brakes and wider tyres would be good.
90918-7102-1516618598.jpg

This is a Specialized Alloy Disc and type of bike you should be looking at. You don't need front suspension forks as it just adds unnecessary weight. Plenty of gears.
You'll need a good U lock for security.
Good luck.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
If your budget is a bit tight maybe look for a second hand bike? I don't know what the used bike market is like over there but there's always Ebay. Perhaps one of our American members could give some advice on that.

OP
OP
Pleasehelp

Pleasehelp

Hello everyone I'm still looking and love all the advise and help from across the pond lol...I'm still here and checking in :smile: I'm very appreciative, I went on a tangent looking for a bike above with battery assist.. No much luck, confused on the cheap ones v's the very expensive...I thank you all and will check in and learn to research form you all. Blessings!!! I'm Cheryl BTW :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom