Please Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LiveStrong

I need some help urgently please. I had some MTB SPD shoes, cleats and pedals and when i put the cleat at the ball of the foot it gave me a strain down the side of my leg and felt like weak, aching ankles, so i moved them back as far as the cleat would go which gave me comfort but gave me the wrong foot position (knee over axle) which strained my IT band and i cant keep riding like this because of the pain both in my IT band and in my back and shoulders due to me having to move the seat all the way forward to compensate for the cleat being so far back. I cant move the cleat because the bolts are threaded and i am getting new SPD SL, cleats, shoes and pedals, will this fix the problem?

HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

THANKS

OP
OP
L

LiveStrong

BUMP

OP
OP
L

LiveStrong

Could be several things!

Check the height and positioning of the saddle.

Make sure the cleats are 'square on' in your shoes so you're riding 12 o'clock, instead of 5 to/past.

The seat height and angle are all perfect, i just had to move the seat all the way forward which i have been told by many is never right to do but i have to to make up for the cleat position being that far back and if i move it forward it causes pain

C_P_

Was trial and error getting my cleats in the correct and comfortable place just keep trying positions with your new shoes.

You were far too quick! :tongue:

Top Bottom