Please identify for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ifrankwood

I have this inherited Raleigh bike in my garage. It’s been kept inside forever so in reasonable nick. I don’t want it but maybe someone will want to redo it. I would like to know what model it is. The manufacture stamp is covered with a gear cabling connection so I don’t want to disturb it

Attachments

• IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2899.jpeg
    IMG_2899.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2898.jpeg
    IMG_2898.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 14

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No idea I'm afraid but it would have been made for the youth market as a starter bike in around the seventies. Basic gas pipe 18-23 tubing and double chainset.
Have a look online at the various Raleigh catalogues I'm sure you'll find it.
Looks in nice condition. Check the seat post moves. Largish frame (23.5" ?) so for someone 5'10" plus. Tyres probably perished but apart from that ready to roll I would guess.
You could offer it on here after a few more posts.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I believe also it to be a Solo, friend of mine had one in 1983ish. At that time Raleigh had a thing for different paint, decals and bar tape on identical bikes and giving them different names, Solo being the metallic burgundy version.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
It looks to be in beautiful nick. Not worth a vast amount, fairly basic in its day, but a very nice bike. You can see the word "Solo" in fancy script on the seat tube in your third picture.

simongt

Guru
Those 'shorty' mudguards were very popular then. Absolutely useless.
Disagree, as I cut a pair of old metal mudguards down a few years back to similar proportions simply to keep dust and other road detrius from building up on the caliper brake pivots on my Dawes Fox. Works for me. :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

Those 'shorty' mudguards were very popular then. Absolutely useless.

I remember them, I used to end up with a cold wet arse and a brown streak up my back in bad weather.

Top Bottom