Please kindly share your attitudes towards bicycle brands and retailers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

butonmadoo

Hi, we are students of University of Birmingham. We are working on a study about cyclist’s attitudes towards some bicycle brands and retailers, which really needs your opinion. This questionnaire contains 12 questions, and it will take around 3 minutes to finish. We sincerely appreciate your time and kind help.

Questionnaire link: https://bham.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_czRfQhQ44eR7gNf

Drago

Legendary Member
Scott but no Felt?

Here's one.
Halfords.
Decathlon.
Go Outdoors.
They are like big warehouses which are like Next Clearance stores,where they put all the dross ,seconds and soiled goods which are not good enough to grace the shelves of the actual Next store.
People think they have got a bargain................but if you look close enough ?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've filled it in but there isn't an option for don't know. Yes I do know those brands, stores etc so the last option wasn't relevant, but I haven't got the foggiest how the price various between the different stores or the quality unless I've experienced it by shopping around for bikes or by buying a bike from that store. So I mostly answered neutral!

It's a bit of a naff survey.

Measuring quality, price and service in shops which sell the same bikes from the same distributors at the same price as they all compete and in some cases owned by the same company.

You have completely missed metrics off such as warranty agreements, after sale service, frame options (bosses, guard clearance etc) which all influence decisions.

Quality, what do you mean by quality? Each of the brands produce bikes at various price points for various audiences and at each point they are all excellent quality.

Drago

Legendary Member
It would be rubbish sampling to only ask the opinions of a single forum's readership.
Especially this one!

S-Express

Hi, we are students of University of Birmingham. We are working on a study about cyclist’s attitudes towards some bicycle brands and retailers, which really needs your opinion. This questionnaire contains 12 questions, and it will take around 3 minutes to finish. We sincerely appreciate your time and kind help.

Questionnaire link: https://bham.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_czRfQhQ44eR7gNf

Sorry, I gave up on it. The questions are simply too vague and/or too stupid for anyone's answers to have any value.

Sharky

Guru
Always seems to be an assumption that cyclists buy complete bikes. I am much more likely to buy components separately to upgrade or replace worn bits. Cost wise, the most I have ever bought a whole bike for is about £800, but if you add up the separate costs of individual frames, wheels, gears etc, would probably exceed this over time.

I would expect it to be posted on every cycling forum that appears on the front page of a FWSE, as well as relevant non-cycling forums and elsewhere. It would be rubbish sampling to only ask the opinions of a single forum's readership.
RR would stick his on angling forums. He likes a bit of fishing.

And yes, it's too vague. Fairly hard to generalise about one brand. I too gave up as I couldn't really supply the info wanted.

Gave up. All brands have a range of bikes from basic to top end. My interest is being on the road not shopping. I'm only ever likely to look at different brands if I'm looking for another bike and if I was looking for another bike I'd be looking for particular features that my current bike doesn't have. Branding is largely irrelevant to me.
One of the temptations with surveys that won't let the participant look ahead at the questions is that you will get any old answer just to see what the next question is. I was tempted but just gave up so as to not mess up your results.

Top Bottom