Please send best wishes to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
My b-i-l is in with this at the moment. Not nice.

I'll send you some ActEd marking to do:whistle:

Hope all goes well.

Reactions: srw

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Get well soon. And stay off the Stones! For your fevered brow...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlAnSM7oqs7iZo_L_G4no-FpqyfBWPLic7blAhijRLVOUcl7aX.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlAnSM7oqs7iZo_L_G4no-FpqyfBWPLic7blAhijRLVOUcl7aX.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlAnSM7oqs7iZo_L_G4no-FpqyfBWPLic7blAhijRLVOUcl7aX.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
rvw

rvw

Guru
@rvw So how is the old fart? What's the news?

Latest news is that - blood tests permitting - @srw should be home today. He had an ERCP yesterday, but while his innards are still inflamed they can't remove the gallbladder. (That will come later...) He's feeling better.

In the meantime he will not be able to have any fatty food (they told him that after feeding him cereal with full-fat milk for breakfast) so all our catering plans for Christmas have to be re-thought, and the work Christmas dinners are probably out. Bah.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I am now home, thank heavens.

Thank you for all your good wishes - it's been rather an unpleasant few days so far. And there's more to come. Not just the fat-free diet I'll have to endure over Christmas (and I don't think I'll feel like drinking wine either), but a further two operations.

Although being used as a victim by a consultant training a bunch of medical students was fun it was an experience I'd have gladly opted out of.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Sorry @srw I have only just seen this, Glad to see you are back at home. If/when you go back in and you or @rvw need anything let me know, SMH is only two miles from me.

srw

The NHS appears to have come good - thanks, I suspect, to a fierce and supportive GP (who told me very firmly that I was having two weeks off work at the very least to recover from this last week) I've got a phone commitment to an operation this year, as a day case.

And I think I'll be glad of that two weeks off work - I've been flattened by 15 minutes standing up cooking supper.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Sorry @srw I have only just seen this, Glad to see you are back at home. If/when you go back in and you or @rvw need anything let me know, SMH is only two miles from me.

Likewise, I've only just spotted this; I'm genuinely saddened to hear that you've been unwell and I hope that you'll soon be back to your old form (shooting me down in flames :okay:) on the P&L forum.

srw

IMG_20161230_165044636.jpg

The little pot is about the same length as the gallbladder that previously held this little collection. I haven't yet got the ruler out on the stones, but one was estimated at 14mm in the hospital and there are a couple of biggies the same size.

I've got a stomach that feels like it's been punched. And hiccups.

Top Bottom