Please suggest a better CO2 inflator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to inflate the front tyre last night only to find the inflator head's valve was completely seized, I was able to free it when I got home (on foot) but I needed a pair of grips and brute force.

Besides that, even when it works, it's small and fiddly and freezes your hands!

Can you suggest a better one? I am not that bothered about size and weight.

This is mine; it's the valve collar above the blue threads that was seized.

3-AmLUBN-1Lt8Gi82i0uBvvHCTTK1gKaSxsDaiHuaBeePCKeUExmRpFyLFJTNwlrXv4Jkz6TvZKvsjmjKGg=w664-h884-no.jpg

thanks

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I have a brass one that I bought from Halfords in 2005. Still going strong

si_c

Guru
Lifeline one from wiggle? I have the threaded head version, works really well, never had a problem with it. The first one I got was that one though, and had much the same experience, I assumed it was user error and got a different one which I though would be easier to use. Seems it might just be bad design.

Broadside

Guru
I went to inflate the front tyre last night only to find the inflator head's valve was completely seized, I was able to free it when I got home (on foot) but I needed a pair of grips and brute force.

Besides that, even when it works, it's small and fiddly and freezes your hands!

Can you suggest a better one? I am not that bothered about size and weight.

This is mine; it's the valve collar above the blue threads that was seized.

View attachment 417806

thanks

I had exactly the same as you and got let down by the roadside, I also had to free it with pliers when I got home!! Luckily a passing cyclist stopped to lend me their pump so I could ride the 20 miles home!

I replaced mine with a Lezyne Trigger Speed drive, it's a neat, small and crucially it works

OP
OP
MossCommuter
View attachment 417850

From Decathlon, they do a bigger 20g version as well.
Also looks good

Top Bottom