1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pleased with myself with PSP

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 7 May 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I got a free PSP with my mobile contract a few months ago. Having completed the Lego Starwars game (thus ending the battle between me and my six year old over whose turn it was), I looked for something else to use it for.

Then someone pointed me towards the right software and now I have movies on the move!

So I'm just off to bed to watch the Simpsons Movie.

2. Cool I didnt know they did that Im getting one

3. col

col Veteran

Yes they are clever things,my son has songs and photos on his too,but at the mo he has tiger woods golf on for me;)

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

If you've got wireless at home you can also get on here with it.

5. col

col Veteran

Ill look into that,be handy browsing while chilling on the settee:smile:

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Haven't tried it myself but apparently typing is a pain.

7. col

col Veteran

Ill have to get the expert on it(anyone school age)ie my son;) tomorrow,ill let you know how we get on.

8. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Do they make toast as well?

9. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I've logged in here on my PSP - typing takes practice - right pain at first, plus you need to fiddle with the browser settings at first. They are cool bits of kit - full media players really, and good for games - I rarely get to use mine, as as soon as it's out, my 7 year old grabs it.....

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

All I have to do now is find a cheap supplier of memory sitcks big enough to stare a few movies on.

11. Alcdrew

Alcdrew Senior Member

Here you go and that was one of the first places I looked, memory is so cheap these days, I paid about £60 for 1gb a few years ago...

Also I hope you're aware you didn't get the PSP for free, the cost of it is hidden in your monthly charges.

12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Fortunately the wife works for the service provider, so I get the contract for 50% of what you others would pay.

So I'd say it was free.:ohmy:

13. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I log on here most mornings and nights using the PSP. I use it more for the internet then playing the games.
    Typing isnt that had when you get used to it. I am pretty quick with it now.
    The only limiting factor is that you cant run 2 or 3 pages at a time because it comes up with it takes too much memory and will either not load up pictures or reload and not show some pictures.
    I have a UMD video. Its John Cleese. I've watched it a few times and is good to have when i get bored. Low audio on it though.

14. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The joy of this (free) ripping software that I have is that you can set the picture and audio quality when you save it to the memory stick, or you can set the file size ofr it to aim at, and it'll maximise the quality. The Simpsons Movie I did last night is pretty good quality at about 650mb.

15. :sad:I wont one