Pleased with that.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

After what seems an age, for, various reasons. mainly work. I finally got to give the touring rig its first proper test. So loaded up with just over 20 Kgs. I rode to work on it last night.

Having only used it before off road. The first thing you notice is the front end is more delicate shod with the specialized Fat Boy slicks (My fav. 26" slicks.) I thought before setting off descending on the road maybe a little,shall we say "hairy" so it was with some trepidation within the first mile was a singletrack road 20%er.
But the rig took it in its stride, the V brakes being more than adequate.

Climbing to was easier than I had imagined, the light mtb gears obviously helping with bottom being a 24/34,but even on substantial climbs on the route the bottom 3 were never needed and the small ring only used twice.Spinning up them being the order of the day.

There were some new components on test as well on the rig. The LX pods were a dream to use and the new ultrafire light was a relevation. Both absolute steals on Ebay.

So all in all a succesfull evening once up to speed you could maintain a very respectble cruising speed and the 42 miles took me 3 hours 40 mins with an Av. speed of just under 11.5 mph. So it looks like my target daily distance for summer touring of 100miles + is well within range.

All Ive got to do now is organize some time off,but it aint going to be this year. :angry:

asterix

Comrade Member
No time off! All year!!

What a shame.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Thanks Rich. I think at least a couple of long week enders are on the cards. The kit is sitting there begging to be tried. I d like to maybe get down for the Hampshire Bimble with it if I can. Fingers crossed...

Top Bottom