Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RollingNoMad

This my 1st solo Bike Touring Trip

I had plans for Bicycle Touring Trip in 2014 in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania on 4-2014 but my plans was interrupted.

Feedback is appreciated

I also have plans of a 1st solo Bike Touring Trip of the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania on
5-2020 on Amtrak train from LA, CA to Syracuse, NY then ride to Scranton, PA to Start a loop of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey...I hope this can be done! and I was also planning to ride to Tampa, FL

Anyone have any tips on miles on a bike? and I was looking at 20 to 50miles a day and I am doing Stealth Camping on my Trip and on my route I see no Warmshowers.org host and I will be doing Stealth Camping on my Route of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey. and I using Sun Ringle zuzu Platform Pedals and I am going to walk the hills to rest my legs.

I have done 20 miles a day in San Diego, CA doing Stealth Bike Camping and I have shakedown trip from Riverside, CA via Indio, CA to Niland, CA(Slab City) on 12-2018

Tim
I am saving Money about $75.00 a month for my Bike Touring Trip

I now have the Garmin Edge Explore 1000 GPS unit for my Bicycle Touring Trips. And I am going to be using my Garmin Edge Explore 1000 GPS unit for my Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey and this December 2018 for my Shakedown bicycle touring trip in Southern California. And Stealth Bicycle Camping Trip in San Diego County in Southern California
20180413_165522.jpg

20180413_165450.jpg

Last edited:
This is going to be a tricky one to get many responses to, as most CC members are in the UK. Your post only caught my eye because I was born & raised in Oregon!

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

My Bicycle Touring Trips Planning stage: Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania (Part 2)

On 5-2020 I am getting on the Amtrak Train from Los Angeles, California to Syracuse, New York.

"I had this Bicycle Touring Trip planned on 4-2014 is was postponed" This is my first Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania and Northwest of New Jersey. And this is what I have have been Planning since 11-2008 is to get on the Amtrak Train from Los Angeles, California to Syracuse, New York then Ride along US.11 to Scranton, Pennsylvania via Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania heart of the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania then ride Route 209 to Milford, PA then Route 206 to Stanhope/Netcong, NJ then to Easton, PA to pick up the Atlantic Coast Bicycle Route Route South bound to Tampa, FL.
Or something like I am going to be riding my Touring Bicycle on the Pennsylvania Route US 6 from Milford, Pennsylvania to Cleveland, Ohio to get the Amtrak Train back to Oceanside, California.

View: https://youtu.be/9xjpgsP0qJo

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Good luck on your trip. A nice place to go touring, pretty vertical once you get out of Scranton. Will any of the places in the mountains be open when you ride? Some communities kind of center around summer vacation homes and camps. Truly pretty, but challenging topography in that part of the world. Lovely in the summer. What kind of bicycle are you going to take with you?

OP
OP
RollingNoMad

RollingNoMad

Good luck on your trip. A nice place to go touring, pretty vertical once you get out of Scranton. Will any of the places in the mountains be open when you ride? Some communities kind of center around summer vacation homes and camps. Truly pretty, but challenging topography in that part of the world. Lovely in the summer. What kind of bicycle are you going to take with you?
I grew up in Stanhope/Netcong, New Jersey and I grew up in Brodheadsville, Pennsylvania in the Poconos Mountains. And I think that most of the resorts in the Pocono Mountains are no longer around. And The Summer Homes that I don't know

Top Bottom