Pointless Competitions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I entered the World Flatfish Catching Championship in Palnackie. (about 25 years ago)

I didn't win.

Keith Oates

Janner
I think basketball, where people run from one end and score, then to the other end and score and continue until both sides have done this more than 100 times. Seems pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rikki

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
I think basketball, where people run from one end and score, then to the other end and score and continue until both sides have done this more than 100 times. Seems pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all the action happens in the last 2 minutes of the game. Why not start at 92 all and play for 2 minutes?

asterix

Comrade Member
F1. Dreary beyond belief as a competition zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, I'd forgotten all about F1, it's that exciting.. You could spend a better day out standing on a bridge over a motorway.

My borther-in-law watches endless satellite TV abour U.S. motor sport. Dire beyond belief.:ohmy:

papercorn2000

Synchronised swimming. A few fit-looking birds grin a lot, wear swim suits and do the splits upside-down.

Now that I think, that's a bloody genius idea!

Melvil said:
Whereas IMHO Golf and Darts are only slightly more preferable than a day long visit to a DIY store.

Interesting - one is 18, one is 180 and the local DIY shop shuts at 1800hrs (one of these statements is false :ohmy: )

About time for a drink methinks - but that's a '51'...but I might have 18 of them! Cheers! :ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
twentysix by twentyfive;43839][QUOTE=longers said:
I entered the World Flatfish Catching Championship in Palnackie. (about 25 years ago)

I didn't win.

I suppose you only caught rotund fish. :ohmy:

And I expect you had to throw them back :biggrin: when the whole point of fishing is for the food :ohmy: isn't it ?[/QUOTE]

About a hundred people turned up waving home-made spears and proceeded to wade about in estuarine water hoping to "feel" a fish with their feet and try not to stab their foot while attempting to catch the flatties.

I'm not sure any fish were caught. With any sense they were hiding just off Stranraer until it was all over.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
longers;43864][QUOTE=twentysix by twentyfive;43839][QUOTE=longers said:

I didn't win.

I suppose you only caught rotund fish. :ohmy:

And I expect you had to throw them back :biggrin: when the whole point of fishing is for the food :ohmy: isn't it ?[/QUOTE]

About a hundred people turned up waving home-made spears and proceeded to wade about in estuarine water hoping to "feel" a fish with their feet and try not to stab their foot while attempting to catch the flatties.

I'm not sure any fish were caught. With any sense they were hiding just off Stranraer until it was all over.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to wear a uniform too. - Caveman style and ginger wigs :biggrin:

Top Bottom