Polar CS 200 CAD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

My CS 200 CAD has a gremlin, when I came back from yesterdays ride, and checked the file, it told me I had cycled 23 miles at an average of 17 mph, it had taken me 1h18m ( seems fair enough), but, at an average cadence of 23! spooky...Especially when you consider that the cadence meter is sat in the shed, completely detached from the bike, mainly because I cannot get it to fit the frame on my bike, and the magnet kept coming off the crank arm.

I have emailed Polar, but have not had a response yet. Have any fellow 200 owners had a similar experience with this gremlin? My Polar is only 8 months old, has never been dropped/got wet/cold/been used near to any other form of electromagneticy type of thingy.

Any suggestions?

chris42

If the cadence sensor is a long way from the unit it uses more power to transmit. It can run the battery out in a short time.
Just an idea as this happened to me after only 2500 miles on my S720i.

skwerl

Steve Austin said:
why not turn the cadence off?

no probs with mine fwiw

exactly. if the sensor's in the shed...
not really a problem if you're not planning on recording cadence, is it?

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Hmm, maybe my 1st post wasn't clear enough, the Cadence meter is not on the bike, but the head unit is recording a cadence reading of 23, which in normal circs would be rubbish, but is not applicable in this situation, because the cadence meter isn't on the bike.

My mail to Polar remains unanswered, I will re-send.

In the meantime, have any of you experienced similar problem with your
CS 200cad giving bogus readings?

skwerl

User259iroloboy said:
Hmm, maybe my 1st post wasn't clear enough, the Cadence meter is not on the bike, but the head unit is recording a cadence reading of 23, which in normal circs would be rubbish, but is not applicable in this situation, because the cadence meter isn't on the bike.

No. I've always used both speed and cadence.
You do know that you can turn the cadence recording off, in the computer settings?

Tynan

Veteran
User259iroloboy said:

it was a small joke

carry on

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Tynan said:
it was a small joke

carry on

:biggrin: Still no response from Polar:angry:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Keith Oates said:
If you do it at 95 per minute you may get a quicker response. I know that's terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha...still no response from Polar what a shower of sh*te! when it finally dies I won't be buying another Polar that's for sure. talk about poor customer after sales service.

Top Bottom