Police and missing bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

Yesterday Mr Surf found a bike in the street just opposite from our house. We live in the middle of town. It was leant up against the wall and had been there unlocked since the morning. By evening he took it in to our house.
He rang the local police 0845 number and reported it found and said he would take it in to the local station when it was open today.
He went down this morning with the bike. The police said they had no details that he had called last night and said they couldn't take it as they had no room in the station.
At no point did they check the bike for security markings. They gave him the receipt saying that if no-one has reported it missing within 6 weeks he gets to keep the "one yellow mountain bike."
We've checked the bike for security markings and there is nothing visible. It's a full susp bike that's been painted yellow, although you can see the brand name underneath. It's not top of the range to my untrained eyes, but it is better quality than my heap of junk.
I'm going to report it found at my LBS as well. Hopefully we can reunite it with its owner.
I would have thought the Police would have paid a bit more attention.

surfgurl said:
I would have thought the Police would have paid a bit more attention.

they noticed it was yellow, didn't they? :biggrin:

Top Bottom