Police and YouTube traffic vids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Only just noticed this thread so sorry for bumping an ended conversation.

If anyone has encountered as bad a response from the police as this and I Like Skol's incident, regardless of whether it's on the road or whatever, you MUST complain - first to the Chief Constable and if you get nowhere that way then to the IPCC.

When I was a student some years back in Leeds we had a similar problem with police taking burglaries and muggings seriously. Students in Leeds had become easy targets for thieves - cases were often reported in the local papers where students were fobbed off while calling 999 when people were currently trying to break into their house! Even when the Hyde Park region of Leeds had become the most burgled area in the UK and the (completely unlit at night) Hyde Park itself gained the highest levels of rape in europe, the police still didn't seem to care. Only after a capaign of reporting such fobbings off to the IPCC did anything begin to change. I don't know what it's like there now.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
GMP! I recently reported a hit and run after some kn*b in a 57 plate honda accord ran into the back of my jeep while driving erratically, agressively and trying to overtake me in a 20 zone with parked cars and near a school at home time. I had my kids in the vehicle with me and he ended up running smack bang into the back of me putting a lovely big dent in the bonnet of his shiny black car. I hardly felt it in my big off-road toy and there wasn't any damage to my vehicle or injuries to me or my passengers (I am not about to file a spurious whiplash claim for the sake of it!!!). I spent about an hour and 20 minutes at the local cop shop surrounded by scroats while trying to report it immediatly after it happened with my kids moaning non stop. they took the details then rang back a few days later to say the vehicle seemed to be in order (i.e insured taxed etc) and as there was no damage to my vehicle that would be the end of it!

Very lazy policing in my view and only goes to reinforce my opinion that idiots can do as they please now-a-days and get away with it. How can someone leave the scene of an accident without knowing if they had caused any injuries and the police not be interested? He should at least have his insurance informed so he loses some NCD and suffers some consequence of his actions.

What about leaving the scene of an accident? Failing to report a Road Traffic Collision etc?

I would have a serious word!

Did you get any witnesses?

Refreshingly...

Went into a local Police Station after a bad "left hook", showed the Officer the video on the IPad, and....................

They were really impressed, reckoned it made the case unequivocal, they asked me to fill out a formal complaint, add the video as a CD, and they will be taking action on the strength of the video evidence and statement.

We then had a chat about the technicalities, the wisdom of the One Show describing it as being a "weapon in a war between cyclists and motorists" and left on very congenial terms

Top Bottom