Police close pass app catching some right planks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im afraid I got as far as "Working with our partners to create interventions..." whereupon my large intestine leaped up my windpipe and throttled my brain in order to prevent me reading any more ridiculous left wing goody gumdrops cuddly crochet'd kaftan social worker pseudo business speak.

The work they're doing is valuable and worthy. Shame it has to get tangled up with a load of politically correct NPCC cliches.

Last edited:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Im afraid I got as far as "Working with our partners to create interventions..." whereupon my large intestine leaped up my windpipe and throttled my brain in order to prevent me reading any more ridiculous left wing goody gumdrops cuddly crochet'd kaftan social worker pseudo business speak.

The work they're doing is valuable and worthy. Shame it has to get tangled up with a load of politically correct NPCC cliches.
For an agony aunt you ain't very chilled. :laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Looks like west midlands police close pass opp is catching some right planks.

https://twitter.com/WMPRHRT

One failed even a basic eye test. So has had licence revoked.

One felt as she had not hit the officer she'd done nothing wrong. So she's bypassed warning and issued ticket. The total utter plank
Remember, when they piloted Operation Close Pass in Norfolk, one of the first four drivers to be stopped and accept the education session turned out to have no licence, insurance or MoT and was driving drugged! Car seized, driver arrested. :rolleyes:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to be called by the Police for a witness statement to a close pass I saw 5 months ago which the cyclist (not me) caught on camera. I chased down the cyclist and swapped email addresses - it seems the driver refused a driver awareness course.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to be called by the Police for a witness statement to a close pass I saw 5 months ago which the cyclist (not me) caught on camera. I chased down the cyclist and swapped email addresses - it seems the driver refused a driver awareness course.

Well now they can do a 12 month bus aware course...

Drago

Legendary Member
They ran one here in Poshamptonshire earlier in the year - I actually know the bobby that ran the project. The downside was that as well as the close pass element they felt it necessary to issue a load of patronising and I some cases misguided advice to cyclists, which morally at least undermined some of the food work done.

DRHysted

Guru
They ran one here in Poshamptonshire earlier in the year - I actually know the bobby that ran the project. The downside was that as well as the close pass element they felt it necessary to issue a load of patronising and I some cases misguided advice to cyclists, which morally at least undermined some of the food work done.

That’s how hants road policing do it. A day of telling cyclists how to get motorists to see them, followed by a day of dealing with the menaces on the road.

Top Bottom