Police cyclist catches drunk driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Excellent.

You have to wonder at the wits of a bloke who having been stopped on suspiscion of drink driving and awaiting a breath test (bike copper had to radio for the kit), pops into his house and tries to claim he drank a pint and a half in a couple of minutes, to account for the alcohol. I mean, like that would be your first reaction, if stopped innocently, "Oh, I'll just down a quick pint while we wait for the breath test...

I gather from this that the copper didn't have the necessary kit with him - in which case I think it would be a good idea if bike coppers did carry it...

Arch said:
You have to wonder at the wits of a bloke who having been stopped on suspiscion of drink driving and awaiting a breath test (bike copper had to radio for the kit), pops into his house and tries to claim he drank a pint and a half in a couple of minutes, to account for the alcohol. I mean, like that would be your first reaction, if stopped innocently, "Oh, I'll just down a quick pint while we wait for the breath test...

You have to wonder at just how stupid he is if he really believed that the magistrates would accept this excuse : using this 'defence' has been an urban-myth since-Adam-was-a-lad...

But I guess if he was p*ssed, perhaps he wasn't thinking clearly...

papercorn2000

bonj said:
what i don't get is why did he even let him go into his house to down cider.

My thoughts too. The RTA allows the driver to be detained (ie, you are going nowhere mate) for a reasonable length of time until a breath kit can be obtained.

Top Bottom