Police: Positive result. Possibly.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Son #1 riding was riding home on Tuesday with GF - at GF speed - when a Landrover Freelander pulls out from a junction right in front of them. Saw them. Pulled out anyway and, hoping to turn right into fast moving traffic, so nowhere for him to go. Son #1 and GF skid to a halt and as he rides around the back of big tough manly vehicle gives it a little slap with the palm of his hand to communicate his existence. Not hard, just enough for the driver hear it.

Well of course, the driver pulls a dangerous u-turn in busy traffic and follows them up the road, overtakes, pulls in to a driveway and jumps out to stand in front of them in the street. Argument commences. At which point an ambulance driver who has seen the whole incident and has followed them appears on son #1's shoulder and says that he's happy to act as a witness to the whole incident. says he's a cyclist too. After a bit more verbal the guy realises that he's outnumbered and drives off, but not before shouting out the window an 'I know where you live' and describes our address.... This understandably puts the shoots up the GF so son #1 calls the police. A very sympathetic plod turned up at the house last night - says he's a cyclist too - and pledges to give the guy a visit. Says 'he's known to us' and 'is a nuisance'. He's promised to get back to son #1 and let him know how it goes, but I'd call that a result.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[quote="mickle, post: 2076536, member: 65" A very sympathetic plod turned up at the house last night - says he's a cyclist too - and pledges to give the guy a visit. Says 'he's known to us' and 'is a nuisance'. He's promised to get back to son #1 and let him know how it goes, but I'd call that a result.[/quote]
Probably an Inspector or above, or is on the level. ;)

Norm

Really? Different counties, different lodges, I guess.

I've never heard it used in that context. To me, 'on the level' means honest or straight.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
You never know until you try... sometimes the Police will be very happy to have an excuse to pay certain people a visit.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice to have the odd cycling emergency services personnel on our side !!

Top Bottom