police squad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luplowe

I see round my way they have a special bike squad, spesh, rock hoppers ther using . i never see a police car -- thinking of turning to a life of crime cos thell never catch me on the racer .. are they round your way to? i wonder if they are serviced every couple of months like the cars , where do the second hand ones go?

Shaun

Founder
... and I thought this was going to be about the crazy antics of Lt. Frank Drebin and his team .... da da da, du da da, da da da, du du da da da

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I find it's only PCSOs that cycle about 6mph. The others cycle at a much more respectable seen but seen a lot less often.

From the fire station near the Airport, there are MTB London Fire Brigade posses on duty - checking for cows on fire...etc

Last night a peloton of police nearly mowed me down between Brentford and Hounslow as they swooped across the A315.

Will1985

Über Member
If you ever decide to turn to crime near cycle police, I suggest you make your getaway route a hill as they can't go up them for toffee from what I've seen - the bikes are too heavy and laden with stuff which gets the rider puffing and out of the saddle at the smallest incline.

mondobongo

Über Member
I remember Singletrack magazine doing a feature on Policemen on MTB's and that they were pretty decent riders quite happy to ride down a flight of steps after you etc.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Admin said:
... and I thought this was going to be about the crazy antics of Lt. Frank Drebin and his team .... da da da, du da da, da da da, du du da da da

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VS-xd-6f-A&feature=related

I think I recognise the driver, you know.

Top Bottom