Polish commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Which news was that?

chris42

We have loads of Poles working here in Kent picking fruit & veg etc.
They are really bad drivers by the way!
leave cyclists no room on the road.

Cab

There are a few of the more complicated junctions in these parts where I always look out for overseas motorists. I haven't found Poles to be any worse than any other foreign drivers, although they are now very numerous.

I've never yet had any Pole be rude to me. I did yell at one Polish lady who had gone straight through a red light on her bike and swerved over to be right in front of me as I was waiting at the white line, she got off and pushed her bike back again and said sorry, she was wrong. I have never had that reaction from any British cyclist.

chris42

Cab said:
There are a few of the more complicated junctions in these parts where I always look out for overseas motorists. I haven't found Poles to be any worse than any other foreign drivers, although they are now very numerous.

I've never yet had any Pole be rude to me. I did yell at one Polish lady who had gone straight through a red light on her bike and swerved over to be right in front of me as I was waiting at the white line, she got off and pushed her bike back again and said sorry, she was wrong. I have never had that reaction from any British cyclist.

Here in Kent they seem to drive Chaved up BMW's not haviing invested in the optional extras of indicators or mirrors.
They drive at 80+ to get to the farms before 6am!

chris42 said:
We have loads of Poles working here in Kent picking fruit & veg etc.
They are really bad drivers by the way!
leave cyclists no room on the road.

...cars...yeah - tell 'em a mile off...no polish on the outside... :thumbsup:

The Silverlink train from/to Richmond is 'rush hour Eastern European'. Some people talk SO LOUDLY - whatever language (but predominantly Polish).

I'm sure that the Times / Guardian etc etc (believable press!) indicated that Victoria coach station was receiving 14 full coachloads of economic migrants each day. Also, that the mass movement was creating shortages of indigenous labour.

Still - plenty of building work in Hampsted at a daily rate which is equivalent to a monthly wage elsewhere...can you blame them?

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Cab said:
Which news was that?
'Twas the beeb, and they never lie ( do they ? :thumbsup: )

monnet

Guru
I lived in Poland for just under a year and had great time. Their driving was atrocious there too. I hated having to use their road network, it was frightening. I think it has the worst death toll on the roads than any other OECD country.

Keith Oates

Janner
Does anyone remember the joke about the man from Poland who went to the police saying his wife was trying to kill him because he found some Polish remover in the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbyers

Keith Oates said:
Does anyone remember the joke about the man from Poland who went to the police saying his wife was trying to kill him because he found some Polish remover in the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, what was it? ;);)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Am I the only person who had visions of a topic about someone wanting to buff up passing cyclists with a bit of Mr Sheen and a duster...

I'll get my coat.

spen666

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Am I the only person who had visions of a topic about someone wanting to buff up passing cyclists with a bit of Mr Sheen and a duster...

Yes!;)

Top Bottom