Polishing paintwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob249

just got my bike back from Tredz, after having the free 8 week service. They done it infront of my eyes in 6minutes!!!! awful, pushed the pedals a few times and said ''all done''. Dropped off at 10am, picked up at 5pm, and they done it as id turned up, otherwise wouldnt be done. Got it home, and found 3 large cream scrapes down the back of the forks parts of the frame, where the hub is and near the chain, i lost my temper and phoned them back, they told me that they will polish it out for me the have the products and know how to use them, i said ''clearly you do not''. And hung up!! Now i have got the cream scrape off, used a car t-cut type thing, but got a nasty feeling its going to make the black very matt and smudgy

can anyone recommend me a polish to bring back the shine?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just use a car polish, and do it slowly, a bit at a time. T-Cut's great, but you have to be really careful. Autoglym is very good.

e-rider

crappy member
turtlewax car polish - it's the best, if that doesn't work nothing will. Don't bother with 'special' bike polish. IME it's more like Mr Sheen furniture polish, which does work but nowhere near as good as turtlewax car polish

I never take my bikes anywhere near a bike shop.

I've seen customers bikes piled up 7 or 8 deep, all leaning on each other!

Top Bottom