Politics and Life Forum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Are we developing threads in the cafe that, perhaps, would be better suited to the Politics and Life forum?

Just thinking that for a newbie who wants to chat bikes and social and comes in here to see threads on questioning God and political discussion it could be a bit off putting.

It would also be easier to not notice threads that may prove contentious by not entering the forum unless one wanted to enter deep or serious discussion and debate.

Just a thought really but not sure where a line could be drawn.
What do you think?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Night Train said:
Are we developing threads in the cafe that, perhaps, would be better suited to the Politics and Life forum?

Just thinking that for a newbie who wants to chat bikes and social and comes in here to see threads on questioning God and political discussion it could be a bit off putting.

It would also be easier to not notice threads that may prove contentious by not entering the forum unless one wanted to enter deep or serious discussion and debate.

Just a thought really but not sure where a line could be drawn.
What do you think?

The God one was mine but I made the point that I didn't think it was Soapboxy, more of a question of why flies and wasps but the serious brigade took over!

Maz

Guru
The 'god' one deffo needs to go in there.
The 'GM' one might turn into a 'god' one as well. God only knows.

yello

rich p said:
The God one was mine but I made the point that I didn't think it was Soapboxy, more of a question of why flies and wasps but the serious brigade took over!

With all due respect, did you really think you could post a topic on such a sensitive topic without it getting serious?

There are some topics that are sure fire starters for heated debate; religion is one.

Shaun

Founder
miloat said:
Is there a date for the great soapbox shutdown?

Erm, yes ... when I get back off my hols ... ;)

Likely to be the week after next.

Cheers,
Shaun

bonj2

It's going to be a fairly emotional moment when soapbox finally shuts down forever.
Are we going to have one final tearful farewell climate change thread?

Top Bottom