Poll: how to start Zwift meetup races

Zwift Meetup races - how should we start?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
@Breedon :stop:I am not sure the words behind and balls deep should be used in the same sentence...just saying

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Only problem with sitting behind the 'leader' (whoever we choose this to be) is that they will cross the start line first and hence be at a disadvantage compared to anyone else they are in a sprint against should they find themselves in that position at the end. This is one reason I like to cross the start line at the back of the pack .... not that it helped me too much on Tuesday :laugh: Also ... if (say) Paul is the leader, his easy pace could be a fast pace for others so they may not be able to keep up.

I'm all for blast from the off, or not, as each of us decide. We all know now that the start/finish banner is where the Strava segment is from, so it's up to our individual tactics how we get to the start and then proceed in the race.

I'll go with the flow though as it suits my usual race of crossing the line behind everyone else 👅

mjd1988

Guru
Rolling start for me. Also if anyone misses the meet up and wants to do it solo I doubt they are going to stop and start so they'd get a tiny advantage.

That said I'm happy with going from the gun as it's the people who bolt away that are taking a chance and it does add in a bit of tactics, especially now as everyone knows that it's banner to banner

Top Bottom