Poll: how to start Zwift meetup races

Zwift Meetup races - how should we start?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Voted rolling start , but hell for leather at the start I like as well , it can be tactical if 2 do it and catch others out so it adds spice - but rolling start makes more sense

bobinski

Legendary Member
Slow rolling, eyeballing to see who might jump 😁
TBH based on experience of our meets ups to date I doubt someone sprinting off alone before start banner makes much difference if any to outcome. The distances relative to length of race make it kind of pointless. If a few fast boys go it could be different but just catch and draft.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve always suspected that if berty did a lone attack from the start he’d probably always win. Maybe I shouldn’t of said that...

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Slow rolling, eyeballing to see who might jump 😁
TBH based on experience of our meets ups to date I doubt someone sprinting off alone before start banner makes much difference if any to outcome. The distances relative to length of race make it kind of pointless. If a few fast boys go it could be different but just catch and draft.
Depends on the circumstances. Al did this to me the other day on the New York course - set off like a rocket well before the start banner, and I couldn't stay with him. But there was no one else in the race that I could really draft with, so it was like a straight TT between the two of us, which worked well for him because he's stronger than me so he held me off and won by 20 or 30 seconds I think. If Tommy and Lee had been in the race too and the three of us got together to chase him, it probably would have been a different story - and he may have regretted using up so much energy at the start

bobinski

Legendary Member
Depends on the circumstances. Al did this to me the other day on the New York course - set off like a rocket well before the start banner, and I couldn't stay with him. But there was no one else in the race that I could really draft with, so it was like a straight TT between the two of us, which worked well for him because he's stronger than me so he held me off and won by 20 or 30 seconds I think. If Tommy and Lee had been in the race too and the three of us got together to chase him, it probably would have been a different story - and he may have regretted using up so much energy at the start

I think Al should be handicapped anyway- too strong for his own good:rolleyes:

Del C

Veteran
Rolling start for me

OP
OP
bridgy

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ah sorry!

I voted correctly.............. I just don't seem able to write down what I actually did!! :laugh:

I meant free for all. Just ride off and mark your man. Just seems simpler to me, but I'll go with the majority
Haha! OK, that now makes sense then!

Del C

Veteran
Ah sorry!

I voted correctly.............. I just don't seem able to write down what I actually did!! :laugh:

I meant free for all. Just ride off and mark your man. Just seems simpler to me, but I'll go with the majority
In my (weak) defence, I'd just ridden Stage 1 Knickerbocker by myself and I was feeling a bit tired! (-5/10 for that excuse).

What a pig of a course that is, especially when its a solo effort!

Top Bottom