Poll on Argos Fixie

Would you have less of an issue with the Argos Fixie sold as a track bike if it were sold just as a

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Is it medication time yet?

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I don't understand the question, nor do I have an issue.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I've never ridden a fixie, I like gears loads of them

What he said.

Hills were invented to allow us to use gears.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
The whole point of the 'safety bicycle' double triangle design is that you can make it out of sh!t and it's still strong.

I don't see what the fuss is about. It's probably 10 times as good as the full suspension 'mountain bikes' they sell. Weak wheels? They won't catastrophically fail on the road, which is where it will be used as it doesn't have front & back suspension. You're more likely to die riding fixed in heavy traffic, so I definitely don't think they should sell it with a fixed gear or flip flop hub.

They are selling it using 'fashion' language, but that's no surprise. By suggesting you might buy one because you're 'thinking of getting into track racing' gives it a rather unwarranted level of credibility.

Otherwise- £100-£150 single-speed bikes are the future. I'd like to have a go on one of these.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I thought it was one of these lol

Attachments

• Rule%20britannia.jpg
    Rule%20britannia.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 86

Jezston

Über Member
The whole point of the 'safety bicycle' double triangle design is that you can make it out of sh!t and it's still strong.

I don't see what the fuss is about. It's probably 10 times as good as the full suspension 'mountain bikes' they sell. Weak wheels? They won't catastrophically fail on the road, which is where it will be used as it doesn't have front & back suspension. You're more likely to die riding fixed in heavy traffic, so I definitely don't think they should sell it with a fixed gear or flip flop hub.

They are selling it using 'fashion' language, but that's no surprise. By suggesting you might buy one because you're 'thinking of getting into track racing' gives it a rather unwarranted level of credibility.

Otherwise- £100-£150 single-speed bikes are the future. I'd like to have a go on one of these.

1. It's aimed at kids but is based on a 60cm frame.

2. The wheels appear to not have an effective braking surface.

3. I've seen old Create wheels fold in half playing polo. I can't imagine how these will hold up to typical kid abuse.

It's not snobbery, the bike is a f***ing deathtrap.

Whatever happened to the Decathlon B'Twin Vitamin? 80 euros for a heavy but workable ss. Appeared on their website a year ago and has since vanished.

Top Bottom