Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 1360x768

• 1600x900

• 1680x1050

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplepolly

peanut said:
doubt whether a single user uses 800x600 .

I think the poll results have put paid to that theory.

I use 800x600 because my eyesight isn't good enough to read smaller text and I haven't got room for a 3 foot monitor.

OP
OP
P

peanut

purplepolly said:
I think the poll results have put paid to that theory.

I use 800x600 because my eyesight isn't good enough to read smaller text and I haven't got room for a 3 foot monitor.

so you are the one :evil: just kiddin. I'm sure that you already know you can increase the text size in VIEW, ZOOM, ZOOM TEXT ONLY

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
This poll is a nonsense, who the hell goes round saying everybody uses 800x600. I thought research on the subject had decided pretty much everyone uses at least 1024x768 and I think that was some time ago.

1440x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080.

OP
OP
P

peanut

marinyork said:
This poll is a nonsense, who the hell goes round saying everybody uses 800x600. I thought research on the subject had decided pretty much everyone uses at least 1024x768 and I think that was some time ago.

1440x900, 1680x1050 and 1920x1080.

nonsense eh ? is that why you posted your resolutions ? or are you just showing off you have 3x screens ? ho ho

Just ignore the little twerp and he'll go away :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
P

peanut

marinyork said:
This poll is a nonsense, who the hell goes round saying everybody uses 800x600. I thought research on the subject had decided pretty much everyone uses at least 1024x768 .

if you had bothered to read the thread (supposing you can) you would doubtless have comprehended (as everyone else has ) that that is exactly the point that I was making ....doh! Go back to sleep or playing wii or whatever pastime passes for life where you are :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
1280x800 on the 12" widescreen laptop I'm using today. It's okay for a laptop, but restrictive.

1440x900 on my 19" desktop screen. That is okay for general use, but I end up with a lot of overlapping windows and the text on full screen-height PDFs is often too small. It's certainly not good for 2 document pages side by side.

I'd like a 32" 1900x1200 display (or maybe even bigger and higher resolution). I typically spend 6-12 hours a day, 7 days a week looking at computer screens and my eyesight isn't perfect any more so the bigger and clearer the display, the better.

purplepolly

peanut said:
I'm sure that you already know you can increase the text size in VIEW, ZOOM, ZOOM TEXT ONLY

there isn't a view / zoom option on my IE browser, there is a view / text size but this doesn't work on all websites, including cyclechat

Using a large font from the windows control panel is also another option, but again, this doesn't work with all websites and applications.

If all websites and apps were set up to comply with RNIB guidelines on such matters then I wouldn't need to change the screen resolution. The problem is that most people can't be bothered with things like that (or aren't aware of them) when developing the sites.

OP
OP
P

peanut

purplepolly said:
If all websites and apps were set up to comply with RNIB guidelines on such matters then I wouldn't need to change the screen resolution. The problem is that most people can't be bothered with things like that (or aren't aware of them) when developing the sites.

quite agree its the reason for this poll in a way. I'm fed up with trying to squint to see minute text on web pages, well like CC really ;) ...where only half the screen is used. C+ manage to use the entire screen which means potentially the text can be double the size that it is on here or other sites that use a very narrow format.

The reason usually given by the webpage designer is the page has to be narrow to cater for all those viewers that have monitors set at 800x600 which is a load of tosh.
Ebay manage to create a page that adapts to the full available size of whatever screen and resolution is used to view their pages.

I spend at least 12 hours most days at the computer and this stupid minute text is really causing problems for my eyes.

Carwash

Señor Member
purplepolly said:
If all websites and apps were set up to comply with RNIB guidelines on such matters then I wouldn't need to change the screen resolution.

I don't think you understand the concept of 'screen resolution'.

Top Bottom