Pollard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just been to collect yet another Pollard bike. This has grease a nipple on the headstock fantastic lugs and pencil thin rear stays.
WP_20160417_001.jpg
WP_20160417_003.jpg
WP_20160417_004.jpg
WP_20160417_002.jpg

Grease nipple?

midlife

Guru
Yep, lubricating point at the head end :smile: looks nice :smile:

The wheels with the 6 speed close ratio block and tied spokes don't seem to fit with the rest of the bike.......more my era which is the 1970's

Shaun

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yep, lubricating point at the head end :smile: looks nice :smile:

The wheels with the 6 speed close ratio block and tied spokes don't seem to fit with the rest of the bike.......more my era which is the 1970's

Shaun

Wheels were not original nor is the crankset as only has a single gear lever boss .
Patina by the bucket load but will get bike rideable as is then make some decisions.
Previous owner used it for time trials back in the day according to his son but alas he couldn't remember what era

midlife

Guru
Opps, not tied and soldered. Slots on hubs look like Normandy / Suzue plus solid axles mean late 60's early 70's with the 6 speed as a later 70's addition.

Just out of curiosity what rims are they? Fiamme...

Shaun

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Opps, not tied and soldered. Slots on hubs look like Normandy / Suzue plus solid axles mean late 60's early 70's with the 6 speed as a later 70's addition.

Just out of curiosity what rims are they? Fiamme...

Shaun

front is a Dunlop lightwieght steel clincher rim i think , cant see any markings on rear sprint rim as it is filthy as are both hubs

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Work commenced tonight with a strip and re assemble of the head set , all came apart nice and easily and just needed a clean and some fresh grease which bodes well

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just completed a 1 mile test ride and apart from some brake rubbing it felt nice, still needs some setting up tweaks like bars rotating and then i need to look and see if i can find a lever to fit the original braze on .

WP_20160628_002.jpg

Now this is a seat Post its a 50's Reynolds Hiduminium and its a domed top one ^_^

WP_20160628_001.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom