Pollard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
anne summers sell them aswell i've heard

so many answers i could give but i think @Fnaar or somebody else would complain

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had a rummage in the garage tonight and found a set of white Blumels Club Special guards and they fitted nicely so on they went and of course i had to go and give it a 3.5 mile ride just to check all was ok :laugh:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What sort of lever you looking for ? I'll have a rummage in my drawers to see what I have.

not sure @Tony Raynor as whats there works at mo and loath to disturb whilst working but if i change me mind will shout.

Having it's first day as a cummuter today.

WP_20160629_001.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well I found a 4 digit stamping near the seat post clamp area so this is very likely a Pollard built frame rather than a bought in one.

WP_20160629_005.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well after two and half days of commuting i thought i would let the Pollard feel some different tarmac so took it for a gentle 28 miles this morning , all went well roll on the next ride

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well yesterday was a day of riding 2 Pollards , i commuted on my single speed one fresh from 6 months in hibernation and then last night i went out on this blue geared one only for another 12 miles but very enjoyable indeed

Wolfie4560

Very nice! I raced a Pollard frame back in the mid 70's and it was beautiful. I was a regular visitor to Eddie Pollards original shop in Coventry, and then I used the shop he started in Bedworth. The only other bike shops worth visiting were John Atkins or Stokes although Chris Dodd also had a shop in Coventry but was mainly aimed at commuters and kids.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Very nice! I raced a Pollard frame back in the mid 70's and it was beautiful. I was a regular visitor to Eddie Pollards original shop in Coventry, and then I used the shop he started in Bedworth. The only other bike shops worth visiting were John Atkins or Stokes although Chris Dodd also had a shop in Coventry but was mainly aimed at commuters and kids.

i have heard of John Atkins and Stokes but Chris Dodd is a new one to me

do you have any pics of your Pollard ?

Wolfie4560

Unfortunately, after several house moves and a divorce, I don't seem to have any photos of it :sad: There must be one surviving somewhere and I'll be checking family to see if they have one.

John Atkins has a shop in Leamington now, and Chris Dodd has one in Nuneaton. I haven't visited them for a few years since moving out of the area.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Unfortunately, after several house moves and a divorce, I don't seem to have any photos of it :sad: There must be one surviving somewhere and I'll be checking family to see if they have one.

John Atkins has a shop in Leamington now, and Chris Dodd has one in Nuneaton. I haven't visited them for a few years since moving out of the area.

I know that feeling well.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
well i had a nice email earlier this morning that read as below

" Eddie confirms you have a genuine Pollard. Points to note. Oscar Egg lugs, seat tubes tapered at both ends, and frame number in the correct place and the right number of digits. all Pollards were built with Reynolds 531 tubes usually double butted. A nice example well worth restoring "

so just need to decide what to do as i quite like its patina even with top tube dent etc etc

Top Bottom