Pollution, polution, pollution!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I can see my $M idea earning me less and less :wacko:
Edit......they can use it as they do with all hot air baloons. Just set it alight, hot air into baloon and its up, up and away^_^

Don't give up hope, just googled it, it is lighter than air....

However, it is flammable, so, another Hindenburg would be a possibility, but, perhaps, all landing sites could be equipped with heat storage facilities, and the heat could be pipped into district heating systems?

Every cloud...

;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Now I have a theory. No evidence to back it up so helpful comments welcome.
1. Farmers should attach a HUGE plastic bag to the ar*e end of every cow.
2. Each night the contents of these bags are transferred to tankers.
3. All these tankers are emptied to a national system and used to fuel air baloons.
4. All airplanes are scrapped and everyone has to use these air baloons. They are limited to 15 Kg luggage for longhaul holiday flights to ensure it all works.

Now, there may be the odd flaw here but I think all will agree the idea is brilliant:rolleyes:
https://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/five-forms-alternative-energy4.htm

Dave7

Legendary Member
Don't give up hope, just googled it, it is lighter than air....

However, it is flammable, so, another Hindenburg would be a possibility, but, perhaps, all landing sites could be equipped with heat storage facilities, and the heat could be pipped into district heating systems?

Every cloud...

;)
Now I would not make this offer to just anybody.......but if you wish to invest in my new company I will have my lawyer set up payment details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I am really getting fed up with hearing that word everywhere in all medias. Everything we do or use seem to create pollution. Yesterday, on the French radio, they were complaining about people using wood burning stoves as they create pollution, releasing small particles of whatever in the air. On Countryfile last sunday on BBC1, they were complaining about cows farting and releasing tons of CO2 , polluting the air and advising people to eat less meat. Human beings release co2 every time we breathe out so should we stop breathing too? Enough!! How did the human race manage to survive for thousand of years before that dreaded word " pollution" became so fashionable, I wonder.
Us , cyclists are probably polluting the air more than other humans then when we breathe hard going up a hill so should we be banned from cycling then?
If you didnt create so much pollution burning electricity to listen and watch so much media you wouldn't hear the word "pollution" quite so often.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If you didnt create so much pollution burning electricity to listen and watch so much media you wouldn't hear the word "pollution" quite so often.
I think I read somewhere that a Google search was the equivalent of boiling a kettle, in energy terms.

Drago

Legendary Member

johnnyb47

Guru
I think indivually, we as humans are a lot less polluting than we were years ago. The problem is that our population is growing at an alarming rate, and no matter how environmentally friendly we become, are shear numbers will never stop us polluting collectively.
By nature we will always leave a carbon footprint to some extent, and the more we grow in numbers the more it will impact on our surroundings.
Its all very well us being more environmentally friendly, but i think its only delaying the inevitable if our number's continue to grow.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think indivually, we as humans are a lot less polluting than we were years ago. The problem is that our population is growing at an alarming rate, and no matter how environmentally friendly we become, are shear numbers will never stop us polluting collectively.
By nature we will always leave a carbon footprint to some extent, and the more we grow in numbers the more it will impact on our surroundings.
Its all very well us being more environmentally friendly, but i think its only delaying the inevitable if our number's continue to grow.

The numbers actually tell us that it's consumption per capita, that is the main trouble..

Not existence, per se that is the main problem.

We can, in theory live within our means, even given our numbers.

We just largely choose not to, or our circumstances make it 'difficult' ie 'systemically difficult' not to.

But those of us with 'westernised' lives can't expect the rest of the world, not to want to join us in our profligate lives.

So we in the west must drastically reduce our own consumption.

There's the 'tricky' part..
The birth rate in 'the west' has already fallen.. We just need to keep it down :angel:

Top Bottom