Polypill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I will. But you miss my rather badly made point. We taxpayers will pay for the polypill to be prescribed to those who persuade their GP's they need it. I need a shiny new bike, which will prove just as effective in maintaining my health as any polypill might. (and do more for the environment as it will keep me out of a car) But the taxpayers won't be asked to pay for my bike even though my GP would happily prescribe me one if he could.

Isn't c2w a way the tax payer pays for a bike?

rvw

Guru
1942861 said:
And how much is that going to cost us all?
Oh, we could afford to buy it ourselves. We're just not going to.

asterix

Comrade Member
I will. But you miss my rather badly made point. We taxpayers will pay for the polypill to be prescribed to those who persuade their GP's they need it. I need a shiny new bike, which will prove just as effective in maintaining my health as any polypill might. (and do more for the environment as it will keep me out of a car) But the taxpayers won't be asked to pay for my bike even though my GP would happily prescribe me one if he could.

Yeah but what about the expense of your state pension, massively inflated by your increased longevity?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Ignore it, just trying to get us all on Big Pharmaceuticals that they can make a killing from in profits, rather than natural equivalents......proper diet and exercise, which cost little to nothing..

Sad, but probably true.

I think it's more likely that Big Pharma will engage in a huge marketing campaign to persuade GPs that they should prescribe it to all their patients. The patient will then return to their GP and get another prescription to deal with the side effects of taking it ................................

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm only frustrated because, after 4 x c2w bikes, I've developed more expensive tastes than our work £1000 ceiling will allow for.

I've never quite understood why I should pay for people to save on a second or third or fourth bike just coz they fancy it. I don't mind paying for people to get one decent bike to start cycling, but funding someone else's hobby seems unfair, especially when I can't afford to fund the same hobby for myself - even with a tax break, if we operated the scheme at work, I can't afford to be buying an extra bike.

Gromit

Über Member
I'm with Arch there, don't understand the greed of some people. If you want a new bike buy it out of your own money. 4+ bike from cycle to work is ridicules, should be restricted to one every three four years.

Top Bottom