Poor frame designs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

Well it was turning in to a load of beard stroking guff.

I was waiting for Recordace to put a jazz CD on and point at people with his pipe while talks down to them.

the snail

Guru
What does the new gusset plate thing above the top tube tell us?

Depending on how long the older version's seat tube is sticking up unsupported above the top tube, if it is more than an inch (which appears likely), I would certainly consider that a stupid engineering design, which presumably has since been "cured" by the gusset...

+1 I doubt they would go to the expense without good reason i.e. too many warranty claims and that sort of failure could kill someone.

Zoiders

An extended seat tube allows you to move the seat post slot round to the front of the tube.<BR><BR>It prevents mud and water ingress.<BR><BR>Of course if some of you were were professing first hand knowledge on the subject of MTBs one of you might have known this.

PpPete

Legendary Member
It's a Trimfone ringing in the background of his 1970's office.

:rofl:

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Well it was turning in to a load of beard stroking guff.

I was waiting for Recordace to put a jazz CD on and point at people with his pipe while talks down to them.

An extended seat tube allows you to move the seat post slot round to the front of the tube.<BR><BR>It prevents mud and water ingress.<BR><BR>Of course if some of you were were professing first hand knowledge on the subject of MTBs one of you might have known this.
It is funny how the pot can't help calling the kettle black, can he?
whistling.gif

Top Bottom