Poor overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I only really put this up because I was bored, it wasn't the worst ever.

But I also wanted to see what the quality of the video was like.

Comments?

Mike!

Guru
then typically turn off 100 yards up the road!!

What camera is it btw?

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Mike! said:
then typically turn off 100 yards up the road!!

What camera is it btw?

ContourHD

Quality is good, especially pleased with the sound.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Looks to me like they misjudged it and panicked when they realised what they were doing.

The video quality looks fine to me in that clip - how does it cope with going into the light, or from light to dark and back (eg. bright sunny day with intermittent overhanging trees)? Those situations tend to be the real test of a video camera.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Looks as if that bit of the road used to be double white lines... presumably because of the bend and brow of a hill? (guessing from the video) but for some reason the council in their wisdom thought that motorist would actually be able to make the correct judgement themselves.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had a milk lorry overtake me pretty close today, it was not OMG close but it was close enough as with the cross wind i was a bit wobbly , his mate who was behind him however did a perfect overtake.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I always call out a loud "OI" and make a pushing out to the right motion when there's been a close overtake. That has a lasting effect on the regular drivers on my commute - not only does the offending driver get to realise, but also all the other drivers around. You almost never get a second close overtake from following vehicles after you've given the offending driver his/her feedback. ;)

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Ben Lovejoy said:
Looks to me like they misjudged it and panicked when they realised what they were doing.

The video quality looks fine to me in that clip - how does it cope with going into the light, or from light to dark and back (eg. bright sunny day with intermittent overhanging trees)? Those situations tend to be the real test of a video camera.

Looks ok. I don't think I've really tested it yet in that department.

Top Bottom