Pop Myths then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Back on topic; is this real or apocryphal? Herman's Hermits front man Peter Noone was a reluctant flyer and didn't want to go on a promotional tour to the United States but was persuaded after heavy pressure from his management. They thought it would be a good idea upon his arrival at JFK airport to announce his name over the tannoy so he'd think he was a bigger star there than he actually was. The problem was, the tannoy announcer got his name completely wrong and the message came out thus: "Paging Peter No one. Could Peter No one come to the TWA information desk."

Mr Pig

Greedo said:
Prince had ribs removed so he could suck his own kn0b!

Ha ha ha ha :0) I've never heard that one before but it's my new favorite ;0)

papercorn2000

Greedo said:
My 3 are:-

Bob Holness from Blockbusters played Sax on 'Baker Street'

Marc Almond OD'd in the 80's and had his stomach pumped and they found a pint of sperm in his stomach :rolleyes:

Prince had ribs removed so he could suck his own kn0b!

What's your favourite?

Heard the same one but with Marilyn Manson substituted...

U

User482

David Grant (of Fame Academy, err, fame) told me a story about Van Morrison. Supposedly, he took a CD back to the shop complaining that it wouldn't play. It turned out that he'd been using it on his record player.

I suspect that David grant was having some fun at my expense...

longers

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
apparently van morrison once fired a roadie for having keys dangling from his belt.

I heard that Van Morrison performed his whole set one time with his back to the audience.

Top Bottom