1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popovych to Quick.Step-Innergetic

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 19 Aug 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

That's the strong rumour that appears to be going around, glad for him and Quick.Step!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

Hi Keith, Do you know of any team that successfully mounted a campaign in the big tours for more than one jersey? Did Telecom ever manage it? It always suprises me when a climber joins a 'sprinter's team'. How do you think they will use him at Quick Step?

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I'm not sure how they will use him Tim, but he's also quite good in some of the bigger one day classics, he could be used to help bring the team and selected Captain to the front or even go for them himself if Boonen is not having a good day!!!!

4. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

Yes, I was wondering about the classics. Something hilly perhaps. Tour of Flanders?

5. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

perhaps a change in emphasis, maybe the sponsor is unhappy at having the team anonymous in the high profile mountain stages.

6. chris42

chris42 New Member

Not sure that's a good move for Popo.
    We'll see I suppose