Porlock Hill (North Devon)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
Has anybody ever ridden up Porlock Hill in SOMERSET?!! Been there this weekend and only drove up it in the car :ohmy:. Had heard stories about it being "rather steep", but boy it is more than that!!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Yes, and both the toll road alternatives.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I knew a guy who lived in Porlock once. All I remember was a place selling glass and other crafts at the marina type place and a nice little path eastwards back along to the main village. I don't remember any huge hills though.

Sent From The Bog.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I thought it was Somerset?

I've not been up the big road hill but I have destroyed front MTB shocks coming down a track path the other side of the village. That was about six years ago and the shocks are still bust!

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... Ippo Rock City

Way back in the 60s, whilst on a family holiday, our car, a Ford Cortina, couldn't make it up that hill and overheated.

Why/how would anyone ride up it? Because it's there!?

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
We're going on a ride to Porlock in September. It's flexible: the hill's there for anyone who wants to climb it. Not me, I'll be putting in extra coffee shop time instead :hungry:

If you want a nice coffee shop to visit, with home made cakes, try the one at the top of the cliff railway in Lynton. I had the best Bakewell Tart I have ever tasted :highfive:

Having read this thread I've now got the desire to cycle up to Porlock purely to tackle the hill. I reckon that possibly makes me either A) a keen cyclist or B) completely :wacko:

Top Bottom