Poss Walvale but who knows ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
could not resist this beast of a bike its a Walvale from around the 1983 area from what i can see .

Walvale were a Liverpool based builder , not sure if still in existence or not ?

got some fantastic lugwork on the headset area.

only had quick spin round the block this morning but rides very nice , shouldnt need a lot of tlc just some fresh grease and cables and pads .
WALVALE2.JPG
WALVALE1.JPG

Tony Smith

I saw this on the Bay and was sorely tempted. You got a bargain. Walvave, as their name suggests where based on Walton Vale, Aintree, Liverpool (next door but one to what is now Wetherspoons). They where there until the early 1970's but I'm not certain when they went. Norman Roberts (?) was the main man for building there and in later years Bill Whitcomb. They didn't build many but when they did they built some real beauts. When I was with Walton C&AC in the dim and distant past there where a couple of Walvale's there and it wasn't because they where local..

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
fingers crossed will start knocking some commuting miles on this next week .....cant wait

first batch of commuting miles went well till both tyres finally gave out and went a funny shape , so some new ones fitted along with some kool stops and we can start all over again .

apart from the above , its a really nice bike to ride

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Those seat stays are throwing me, not seen that combination with those lugs...

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Its not the first time 'Carlton' lugshave turned up on another bike, I thought capella lugs were exclusive to Carlton, it seems they were not.

Top Bottom