Possible german trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
I have a window of opportunity to get some touring in. Been mega busy working throughout this whole mess.
Thinking Munich again, done it twice, love that trip. So what's the deal re; cv19 testing and stuff pre and post tour?
Ironically I travel abroad on the ferries regularly, but I,m exempt from all the process.

Particularly interested in how to get a test done x3 days before entering uk? Also is the Fr/Ger border manned as such?

The UK gov site doesn't go into detail crossing land borders, particularly on foot/bicycle.

Anyone have experience?

I have a window of opportunity to get some touring in. Been mega busy working throughout this whole mess.
Thinking Munich again, done it twice, love that trip. So what's the deal re; cv19 testing and stuff pre and post tour?
Ironically I travel abroad on the ferries regularly, but I,m exempt from all the process.

Particularly interested in how to get a test done x3 days before entering uk? Also is the Fr/Ger border manned as such?

The UK gov site doesn't go into detail crossing land borders, particularly on foot/bicycle.

Anyone have experience?

I'm not sure about the border at the moment; I'll ask at work. Say hello if you are in the Breisgau region...

dimrub

I'm recently back from a trip along the German Danube, and we had to perform a PCR test 72 hours before our flight back home (to Israel). Any city we've been through has a highly efficient test center that performs these tests for free, for non-residents including. You just need to find a test center somewhere along your route, and register for a convenient time slot, then show up with your passport, that's it.

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
Update: never did ship out. Had a lift up north at the weekend. So depart Whitby and head south, crap planning, endless southerly winds + rain to contend with. After 3 days I have reached Leicester. Which I,m quite pleased with to be fair.

No idea of tomorrow destination. Maybe Bicester:laugh:...
I,m just glad to be back in the saddle.
IMG_20210929_1518006.jpg

Top Bottom