Possible Interesteing Commute This Friday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
This Friday, 5th December, they're closing Royal Wootton Bassett high street for some Christmas nonsense so I won't be able to go my usual route home. The sensible part of me says just take the back roads to go around the closed part of the street. I don't know that route though and to take the quickest route I'll have to use some footpaths according to cyclestreets.net.

The more adventurous part of me says just follow any diversions, go around the town then go the usual route.

The really adventurous side of me says take the route Google and my Garmin Edge Touring Plus always seem to prefer for cycling. It's a straighter route but about 1 mile longer. I haven't been this way before, mainly because I'll have to follow the A3102, go around a large roundabout over the M4 at J16 then along the A3102 a little way until I can join the cycle path that'll take me home.

As it'll be Friday evening and as the weather is supposed to be dry I quite fancy the longer route. It'll be more interesting than my usual route. If there was a way of avoiding the M4 junction I would go this way but there isn't. The only saving grace is the roundabout is controlled by traffic lights and I can stay left all the way round to my exit. Compared to what some of you have to negotiate this one is child's play.

What do you think I should do?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Decide on the spot!

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
That's what I usually do and that's what will probably happen tomorrow. It depends which way the diversion goes.

Top Bottom