Possible new hobby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ok guys, I get it and gone right off the idea. My bank balance and my wife wouldn't be able to take it. I will stick to cycling. By the way, I tried golf years ago and:
1) was rubbish at it.
2) was bored with it after a few holes.
3) hated every minute of it.
So cycling remain my baby as I am happy with it and can stand the cost.

Good man. Glad you came to your senses.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Gliders can be fun if you are near a decent hill. No engine to buy, can be 2 channel so cheaper radio gear and usually designed to fly themselves straight and level.

Thermal hunting on the flat is more challenging but less fun. And you'll need a bungee to get you up there.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Does depend on how quick you pick it up, i know some guy's crash every other week, and other guy's use the same plains for years, i used to fly nitro heli's but could not afford to do both heli's and cycling, cycling won.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hubby gave it a go for a while, at least until my pal Dawn and I teased him a bit. She looked through the model plane magazine and pointed at the people "virgin" every time she pointed at someone. It was funny but maybe you had to be there at the time.

Hubby tried to join the local club that was about but was roundly ignored so he tried another club and they were a bit (a lot) up themselves so he sold all his stuff at a profit and bought a bike.

Top Bottom