Possibly, my best ride of the year so far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Cross-posted from the MTB forum, but I thought it would be impossible to top some of the nice warm sunny rides of this summer........how wrong I was. Apologies for the self-indulgence, but I just thought I'd share, as it is really indeed possible to have superb rides in the winter, after dark ^_^
IMG_0973.JPG

http://app.strava.com/activities/30008995

Snow, ice, mud and a full moon - absolutely amazing

The jammed/chain-suck incident at 1500 ft at the top of the "spongy" segment was not so much fun esp. as we had to loosen the front derailleur to free the chain - too much crud on the drivetrain !!!

we put the lights on shortly after the descent off that hill : 750-1000 lumens sure makes the off road ride-able and it adds a different perspective to the riding. The snow was only a thin covering but it was cold, and the almost full moon came out shortly after the piccy, which was taken at 4.30pm or so (It does get dark early up here). About an hour after that we were in a blizzard on top of the Fyrish Hill climb, but it was amazing looking down on the Cromarty Firth and the Moray Firth, even further in the distance, with the lights of Inverness giving perspective.

Love riding in those conditions, makes you feel so alive. ( if that makes sense!)

wisdom

Guru
Nice pic and account.
Thanks for sharing it with us
Wish i had more time for pleasure riding.

Top Bottom